PDA

View Full Version : People with fear of MS...

hm1177
26-01-09, 17:37
why do you think you have it? This is my biggest health fear. My aunt has it and so i've always been aware of the symptoms but never feared it til the last year. I was wondering what symptoms you have that makes you think its MS and have you been to the docs about it - what did they do and what was the outcome? Thanks in advance

itoldyouiwasill
26-01-09, 18:46
People with physical anxiety quite often become convinced that they are suffering from MS due to the fact that physical anxiety actually effects the same part of the body and nervous system that MS does. The obvious difference is that MS has an organic causality whilst physical anxiety is actually non organic in origin.

People find it hard to accept that these weird and wonderful neurological sensations can be attributed to 'just' anxiety and therefore become convinced that there must be an underlying organic reason for them hence MS!

sjr1969
28-01-09, 11:03
hi, i too have this fear and have had for a long time now although the last year has been worse. i have seen doctors and opticians and am now waiting to see an opthamologist too. i am an anxious person but the symptoms i get are getting me worried i must admit.