PDA

View Full Version : is anybody else afraid to sleep?

Alexy
26-01-09, 19:37
Its driving me crazy..im actually terrified of not waking up:'(

amandaj
26-01-09, 19:38
im not affraid of waking up but its the waking up all time thats getting to me different i guess but a pain in the bum all the same

Anxious_gal
26-01-09, 19:51
I get anxious to go to sleep but it's because I get nightmares, or i'll be on my own at night, or i'm worried about waking up blind¬!
i saw a movie as a kid about a little boy who wakes up blind.

indigo
26-01-09, 20:40
Hi alexy, believe it or not i suffered from this fear when i was 7 years old!!!! It's a very horrible fear as if you don't get enough sleep you feel worse, try some relaxation before you settle down, a nice warm bath, milky drink etc and don't beat yourself up about not getting to sleep, good luck x x x

sali
26-01-09, 23:31
I'm finding it hard to sleep at the moment..it's my first night out of hospital after a operation I had on my foot. My anxiety's hitting the roof, I find coming on here or facebook and chatting about how your feeling or just talking to someone helps...

mummyto4
26-01-09, 23:40
I feel a little like this at times. Not so much afraid to go to sleep but very conscious of what 'could' happen whilst I am asleep. Oh and I also fear the waking up blind one!

I think its just a natural HA reaction, us sufferers are just very aware of all that happens and all that could happen and egaggerate by 100!

Dominic1975
26-01-09, 23:46
I dont have a fear of sleep, but hate waking up continually throughout the night.... I means I am tired the next day and on edge