PDA

View Full Version : Adrenaline Problem

peter34uk
26-01-09, 23:26
Hi,

Sorry to bother people but I have a question. I have suffered from health anxity realted to palpitations for some time.

Now what I need to know is this. Even if I try to do a little bit of exercise or even walk fast to the station like this morning, my chest and stomach are full of adrenaline and my heart is beating out of my chest like a freight train. I spent basically the entire journey trying to cope with the adrenaline in my chest and fast heartbeat, which eventually settled down.

They say ur heart is a mscle and exercise strenghtens it, but how can you do that when u get these violent effects?

Does anyone else suffer this way?

LeeBee
27-01-09, 08:22
I've been through phases like this, where the more palps/ectopics that I get, the more I get, if you see what I mean.

I think that this happened because when I got a run of ectopics or palpitations it freaked me out. Even though I tried to make myself keep calm, I got a fright and was worried. This must have kicked off the adrenaline, which then kept the ectopics and/or palpitations going.

Do you think that is what could be happening to you? The thing that broke the cycle for me was not reacting to the palps/ectopics and trying to 'manage' them. I just ignored them, as best I could. So I didn't shut my eyes and lean back breathing deeply. Because doing that made me feel like something was wrong. Instead I just carried on as usual and jogged for my bus, read my book - whatever. Just carried on with what I was doing.

They've been good lately and I haven't had a major attack for weeks.

peter34uk
27-01-09, 20:02
to be honest I reckon Im on my own on this one. No one seems to experience it like i do :(

It's pretty harsh to be honest