PDA

View Full Version : Reasurrance Needed Please

Trish
27-01-09, 01:38
I had a chest xray almost two weeks ago as i was suffering a chest infection. My gp put me on Antibiotics & Steroids. Last Monday it hadn't cleared so i was put on more steroids.

Last Thursday afternoon i felt really odd, in my head i felt quite manic, my heart was fluttering and my hands were quivering....i didn't feel in a panic but i knew i didn't feel right, also i hadn't been sleeping, so i thought it must be the steroids even tho i had taken them before with no ill effects.

I decided to call my gp's surgery to ask a doctor for some advice, it wasn't my regular gp who i spoke to in fact he was a grumpy old so-n-so who said "just cut the steroids down"

That night i didn't sleep a wink and when my husband got up he called the surgery and asked for a gp to call in. Within 10 minutes the 'grumpy' gp came, the first thing he did was give me an apology for the way he had spoke to me the evening before....:yesyes: We then went through everything and he thought that it could be an over active thyroid, he took my BP and that was fine, then listened to my chest/heart and said that my heart was fine although he could hear the flutter and then took some blood.

As i am asthmatic he couldn't give me Betablockers but gave me a script for Vallium:unsure: This seemed to do the trick and i've felt better although my sleep is still not good.

This evening my own GP rang me to see how i was and to tell me that my bloods were fine....great, and when i asked about the results of my chest xray he said that they were not back yet....almost two weeks now i have waited and i'm worrying like mad:huh: that something isn't right. I have suffered chest infections on and off for a few years now mostly it effects my breathing but this time i've had a dull slight pain in my back over my left lung, which was where the infection could be heard more.

I'm not taking any anti'bs or steroids and my breathing is how it normally is...not good but not bad either.:huh:

I'm scared:weep:

Sorry for boring you :blush:

Trishx

astrolabe
27-01-09, 07:03
Hi Trish, sounds like our old 'pal' panic. Read the intro. section of this site. We have all been there and it can be beaten. Never lose sight of that.

Andyroo
27-01-09, 11:59
Hello there

well i have always suffered from chest infections i got a chest x ray about a year ago and they saw somthing on my lung! the same very week they took the Xray they had me go see a professional!! the point to this is if they saw somthing on your Xray that looked Serious they would not waiste anytime.. they are professionals.. if the doctors who took your xrays are taking there sweet time im sure its because theres nothing wrong :flowers: try not to worry if there was somthing wrong im sure your blood work would have shown signs as well :hugs: please try not to worry i know that can be hard at times but i know you will be okay! try not to give it to much thought!:noangel:

Trish
28-01-09, 17:42
Thank you both.:D

Well my gp called in to see me earlier today and told me my chest x ray came back fine. He listened to my chest and said i was still a little wheezy but thats the norm for me.

I do worry about my lungs as both my sister and dad had big problems with their lungs and my HA is always centred around that.

I feel so much better for getting the results back.:D

Thanks again!

Trish x