PDA

View Full Version : Can't Sleep on Citalopram!!

minderaser13
27-01-09, 15:23
Hi all, I have been on citalopram for exactly a month, though I have only been on 20 mgs for 16 days. The meds are definitely helping. My anxiety is significantly better and it has almost eliminated my panic attacks. I am out and about doing things and I have even returned to the gym, which is big for me because I love working out but was having constant panic attacks at the gym.

My main issue I have with citalopram is that I can't fall asleep and when I do, I can only get no more than 4 hours of sleep. I usually take .25 mg of ativan at night to try to put me to sleep, but it only works sometimes. I was on seroxat a few years back and I slept all the time, but with citalopram I can't sleep at all. Does this side effect go away? Will I eventually be able to get a full nights sleep? My mind also still races sometimes, but it has gotten much better. I feel much better on this med than I did on seroxat, but I also need my sleep. Any thoughts?

leesavee
27-01-09, 18:55
im on 20mg and when i go to sleep its usally quite late..and i often wake up several times in the night..but generally get my 8 hours even if its not a full sleep...maybr speak to your doc and see if you can get sleeping tabs or something..

tragedy
28-01-09, 00:07
I take 30 mg

in the morning its hard to get out of bed because i'm so sleepy.

suzy-sue
28-01-09, 21:44
HI I AM TAKING30MG AND FOR THE FIRST TWO MONTHS HAD TROUBLE SLEEPING. FOR THE PAST MONTH HAVE BEEN MUCH BETTER THO, :yesyes: BUT I DO FEEL SLEEPY IN THE MORNING ,EVEN IF IVE SLEPT RIGHT THROUGH.(YOU CANT HAVE EVERYTHING ) LUV SUZY