PDA

View Full Version : GRIEVING (anyone else?)

Tucker
11-07-05, 21:46
Hello all,

Since reading this message board I realise we all have different reasons or problems that have developed into an Anxiety Disorder.

I myself have been “GRIEVING” for the past year or so due to 2 deaths in my family this in turn has developed into an Anxiety Disorder. So my councillor told me (only just started seeing one).

This disorder seems to spiral out of control at times and feels as if it comes in cycles, 2 good weeks then it starts and within another 2 weeks you feel as if your back to square one, then you pick yourself back up again another 2 good weeks and the cycle continues.

The symptoms of this disorder are terrible and just seem to give you more to worry about.

If anyone else has been through this “grieving” process or is going through this I would appreciate your response.

Post a message or PM me anytime.

Thanks.

Tucker.

BrandyS
11-07-05, 23:09
Tucker,

I am not really in a "grieving" process, so to speak, all of my troubles with anxiety started after the birth of my second child. I can, however, totally relate to the feeling good for awhile, and then suddenly you seem to be back at square 1!! I get so frustrated, and it makes me think that I am never going to win this battle! Keep your head up until it gets better again!
Brandy

stimpy
12-07-05, 02:31
Hi Tucker

I have not long lost my Mum. And I am still adjusting to living with out her. (my post called "it's all my fault")

I agree totally. You make great progress and then you feel like you are back to square one.

I was feeling better - and a letter would arrive and that would set me off.
I was checking the internet and my mum's house appeared for sale. - and once again that set me off.

There are so many emotions that you go through.
Guilt - you could have done more
Sadness - as you have lost someone dear to you
Anger and hurt - beacuse the hospital could have done something.
Bewilderment - not being able to take it all in
Denile - it's not really happening
Dispare - because you just want the feelings to stop.

My panic attacks started after a member of my husbands family told me what a bad mother I was ...
Years late a total stranger said the same thing to me while I was taking my children to schoool.

I guess we have to go with the flow and take each day as it comes.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'