PDA

View Full Version : hi

icantcope
27-01-09, 16:46
Hi I am new and not sure how this works.
I have been on anti depressants for a while (years) and have just changed my meds to citalopram 20mg. i am finding the side effects terrible and really dont know what to do. Its another 3 weeks until i see my dr.
Came off of amyltriptiline because of huge weight gain and dry mouth but the panic attacks and anxiety are awful. All i want to do is stay in bed the whole day. Nothing is getting done. I have no motivation to do anything.

Help does anyone else feel this way?

spaced
27-01-09, 16:51
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

suzy-sue
27-01-09, 18:05
welcome to n.m.p.sorry you feeling awful !but sometimes ssri s make you feel worse before you feel better.had three weeks of feeling like you do,before i started to feel better,but stick it out you'll get there .if you try to eat regularly( small ammounts but often ).youll feel a bit better. i had no appetite so i drank ,complan,smoothies &fruit juice to get my goodness.youll find other people on here going thru the same as you,remember your not alone.good luck!.. sue:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :welcome: :bighug1:

lorac
27-01-09, 18:11
Hi

Welcome to the site I think you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

sunshine-lady
27-01-09, 18:32
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support. Remember you are never alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

icantcope
28-01-09, 16:10
Thanks so much for your replys. It helps to know that i am not alone in this.
Start to forget what is 'normal' these days.
Will continue with the citalopram have cut them in half for the past 2 days so although i know this wont help the anxiety, i hope it will ease me into the drugs with less side effects. My Gp wants me on 40 mg by next month.
I will read through as many threads that i can as i am sure others will have experienced similar probs to me.
Lack of support at home doesnt help. Thank you for your support

weeble40
28-01-09, 20:20
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Patty
28-01-09, 23:49
Hi Icantcope, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :flowers: