PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the US

Toby times two
27-01-09, 20:11
My name is Toby - I am 55 years old and live in California - I have had health anxiety all of my life and took prozac for years but got off it about 2 years ago but this past year has been really rough. After a series of very stressful events in my job I started with heart pounding and palps ...this of course scared me to death and made my blood pressure spike! Now I have been obsessing about a heart attack and can barely make myself function for fear of over exertion on my heart....sigh

I really don't want to go back on the meds because the withdrawals they caused me were so terrible and I am now afraid of the possible long term side effects....

Thanks for creating a safe haven for people like me - hope to get to know some of you soon.

spaced
28-01-09, 00:47
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

Veronica H
28-01-09, 09:40
:welcome: toby, glad you have found us. you will find confort and support here.

Veronica

SharonDerby
28-01-09, 10:59
Hi Toby
welcome, hope we can all support you and give you some peace :) we are all here for you and certainly all of us know what you're going through, times can be hard and we do get through them but it nice to be able to talk and share feelings sometimes just knowing there are others who know exactly how you feel can be of great reasurance, so i hope we can give you that comfort.

Sharon

weeble40
28-01-09, 20:22
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
28-01-09, 22:29
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.Please never feel alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

Patty
28-01-09, 23:53
Hi Toby, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D