PDA

View Full Version : SOMETIMES things go right

ed
11-07-05, 22:00
Dear all,
had a fantastic day today, seems I got lucky for a change...long story but bear with me lol!
Last firday at 4.50pm i got a call offering me an interview at durham uni to train to be a german teacher. Anway this morning at 11 i went to this interview.I was in a suit, sweating so bad walking up a hill in the blazing sun.When i got there i was dripping in sweat i was sdared, worried and embarrassed all at once lol!
I had my interview with a lady, lynn powell, when i got there i sat down and cooled off for 5 minutes before she got there thank God!When she came she took me upstairs lol and apologised cos it was such short notice and then she said, 'but at least you didn't have any time to panic about it' LOL (well sort of!)
When we got to the room there was another lady there, im 24 and im being interviewed by 2 middle age women! oh dear...
it all started fine, in english, then they started speaking german so suddenly!ahhh!but i coped!
Then they asked me to speak french!i was a little shocked but i did my best.. but very badly...
After an hour the interview was over...as i left they gave me a test...in german...ok....
AND IN FRENCH!
i was a little surprised but I said i'd try...
I was taken to the library to do my tests and left there. One german essay 400 words...fine. and a french essay, 300 words...oh dear...
After half an hour, when i was finishing the german that i could do! the interviewer came back..
She said she had just emailed me and offered me a place for the teacher training course to teach german and french!!!
AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
IF you live in the North East, be scared, I might teach your children lol!

BUT

IT GETS BETTER!!!! REALLY!

I rang my tutor to thank him for the reference he wrote for me, it obviously helped their decision to accept me! He told me he got my dissertation back from the external marker...i passed my MA, only 6 months late or so cos of anxiety and panic but i did it, I PASSED!
Wow what a day.

love to you all,

you can achieve anything

ed

xx:D

clickaway
11-07-05, 22:13
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote"> im 24 and im being interviewed by 2 middle age women! oh dear...

</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Just think how I'd be in a similar situation - a 51 year old male being interviewed by two 24 your old ladies lol

No, seriously Ed, that's fabulous news - time to take Sarah out to dinner I think :D

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

seh1980
11-07-05, 22:16
[Wow!] Ray I couldn't have asked you to put it any better myself!!

Congrats Ed - am really proud of you hun!! (Now go make me my dinner) lol :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

pinkscrumpy
12-07-05, 07:33
Well done. Ed

I am soooo proud of you.

Congratulations

[Wow!][:P][Yeah!];)

MANDIE XX

Peru83
12-07-05, 08:48
I know that we have never spoken before but I think it's good to see people having a bit of good luck.

So a big Congratulations.

One thing though, north east scotland or england? just I'm the north east scotland and am a bit worried that you might teach my kids one day!lol

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

Barb
12-07-05, 09:14
CONGRATULATIONS ED, what an acheivement you must feel very proud of yourself.

Barb x

pips
12-07-05, 13:04
Ah Thats ACE news ED! A BIG WELL DONE TO YOU!!!! YOU DID GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X

Meg
12-07-05, 13:31
ED,

I see a huge amount of skill and talent and you getting this teaching place is based purely on merit and not on luck.

Equally your passing your MA is truly fabulous news and something you earnt fair and square through hard slog

Many congratulations indeed on both great achievements.

Never mind the languages - I hope they teach you to control the kids first ....

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

tattybear
12-07-05, 13:35
Congratulations Ed,

That is fantastic news!

Tatty B xx

carlin
12-07-05, 15:11
Hi Ed,
Just had to say a big well done, you have worked so very hard and deserve this!!! As for the middle-age women bit????(check my age mate lol)I'm sure they fell in love with you and your abilities!!! i just thank goodness my children are with me down 'south'....seriously you did well xxxxxxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
12-07-05, 18:39
Ed

Sarah told me this news in chat last night and we were all very proud of you so a BIG well done on getting the job and passing the MA.

Hope to see you at the weekend if you are going to Sal's?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

jill
12-07-05, 18:45
CONGRATULATIONS Ed :D

You have worked very hard to get were you are
now WELL DONE. :D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Karen
12-07-05, 18:49
Congratulations Ed. Well done.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

ed
13-07-05, 17:16
Wow guys,
thanks for all your kind words!
Though I worry some of them are slightly misplaced lol!
I'll try to address your comments one by one.
Firstly thanks to you all for your love and support.
Nic-yeh i will see you there, i get to drive down, drink beer, and sarah is driving back. probably best that way! Wow all these ladies and just me representing the male of the species-i'll try to wipe away the drool...you know what us boys are like!
Carlin-maybe you're right...young attractive unbelievably good looking (not) guy with two women old enough to be my mother!I like to imagine my suit and sophistication helped! oh and im from guildford so coming down soooouth isn't out of the question in the future...so be afraid lol!
jammie- count your lucky stars north east england hehe!
Ray- fair enuff!though i would have terrified being interviewed by girls my age!middle-age women are easier to please lol!
Everyone- Whilst i'm proud, I'm very fortunate. I first started getting anxiety in November '03 when i panicked for the first time..I had started the MA in October. I was due to hand in my last piece of work in the next september, but 2 extensions later I finally handed it in, 20000 words of german and british economic history in march, gulp! Though i had been anxious throughout, my other work had gone ok with preety good grades. My last piece, the most important one worth half the mark of the whole degree did not. I was terrified of the library, hated those damn aisles and books from floor to ceiling! I couldnt get books out of the library myself as the card didnt work-thank god sarah could get them out for me but only a certain amount and not as many as i really needed!What i'm saying is that the work was generally below standard and i knew it. I just passed, by a few marks or so. Same result but I was lucky, very lucky indeed!

Nevertheless, things worked out good and I'm happy and grateful...Now i just hope I can deal with the challenge of another damn degree training to teach sprogs!I'm a little nervous but i know i can do it, and crucially, i want to!

love to you all, and in some cases see you soon

ed[:I]

xx