PDA

View Full Version : Please give me some of your thoughts on my symptoms

Xamublack
27-01-09, 23:33
I'm so glad I found a community of people that have similar challenges. I'd like to explain my symptoms to you all with the hopes that I'm not mistaken.

A few months ago I was panic striken and overwhelmed with worry about some unrelated health problems (I thought I might have colon cancer, but since then the tests came back great). Regardless, during all of this drama and worry, one night I drank about a six pack and went to bed (more than I normally drink). The next day I felt that wierd semi dizzy spaciness that you may get the morning after drinking too much but it NEVER went away. After a few days I went to the doctor and she sent me off for some blood tests and they all came back OK and said it sounds like GAD.

I have had some other symptoms that relate to GAD, like worry, shortness of breath, occassional pounding heart but nothing as drastic as some of you describe and really no other symptoms I can think of.

It has been over 3 months of feeling this semi dizzy, semi spaced out wierdness 24 hours a day 7 days a week and I'm scared that since I don't have too many other stress related symptoms that it might not be anxiety.

I did see a neurologist and he had me do a bunch of coordination type of tests and said that the only reason he would order an MRI is to rest mind and that he agreed it was 'likely anxiety related'.

Please let me know any of your thoughts on this, sometimes its really bad, but its always there and I feel like I'm stuck like this forever.

mandie
28-01-09, 00:32
Hi

:welcome: to the site

My main anxiety symptom is lite headed and feeling spaced out. Sometimes it will be with me for ages and then when i start to feel less anxious it starts to go away.

It does sound like its the anxiety and you have had the blood test and seen neurologist so if it was anything else, it would of been picked up

Maybe go back to the dr and they mite suggest you go on medication.

I am on meds and also have counselling to

love mandie

T-Bex
28-01-09, 00:32
It sounds a little similar to something that I've experianced in the past, feeling consistently dizzy, uncoordinated and disconnected from myself for a long period of time. Sometimes I get this for days/weeks even now and I've even been to the hospital for tests in the past because of being so worried and confused about why I felt like this on a regular basis, which all turned out to be just alot of anxeity!

Perhaps you should try not to worry as much as you have been doing about there being something physically wrong with you and see if you feel any better, if you're not fully reassured then perhaps you could go back to the doctors and he could always give you some peace of mind.
I really hope this helps a little and I havent completely gone off the point, hope you feel better soon!

Xamublack
28-01-09, 19:27
Thanks so much for responding and for your kindness :)

I guess its such a shock that I could think I was leading a normal life and then WHAM out of the blue I could have a symptom manifest itself to this extent.

Is this constant weird spaced out dizziness a common symptom or is it rare among a long list. Can I expect even more fun?

T-Bex
01-02-09, 22:52
I think that it is quite a common symptom with anxiety.