PDA

View Full Version : advice about lofapramine

fairyfloss
28-01-09, 00:39
hi there
is there anyone who has been on this med also known as gamonnil,and it has helped with anxiety and getting rid of feelings of DP/DR? I started this med about 3wk ago to be honest it has helped with heavy,dull head almost straight away but still got feelings of loss of reality(have had this for long time) please help me if you can x

gwtitus
03-02-09, 23:11
Hi Floss
I noticed that you have not had any replies to your question. I have been a member of this site for some time now but this is the first time I have posted so bear with me.

I was prescribed Citalopram about a year ago for anx/depression but i didn't seem to get any benefit from it at all. In July my GP changed my meds to Lofepramine and eventually things have improved slightly. I am on the maximum dose of 1x70mg in the morning and 2x70mg at night but for the first time in a long while I get to sleep at night, more often than not. I still have bad days and at times my anxiety levels are as bad as ever but I seem to have been lifted a little out of the really dark depression I was in earlier this year.

I still get some side effects from taking lofepramine but they are managable and worth it for the positive effects I feel they have had on me.

Hope this helps

Graham