PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

theartofzazen
28-01-09, 02:28
Where to begin...

My boyfriend (known here as Gackt, who has also newly registered to the website/forums) directed me to this website earlier today. I am very grateful for this! It seems like you have a good, solid community here. The articles are useful, as well.

It's strange to introduce myself by telling what I suffer from, but here's what I struggle with on a day-to-day basis:

-Depression
-Generalised Anxiety Disorder
-I am a hypochondriac and quite neurotic about certain things
-G.E.R.D.
-I.B.S.

I came here to seek out comfort and companionship. Lately, my symptoms have been at their peak. I recently (within the last 6 or so months) came off of a drug called Effexor (Venlafaxine). If anyone here has ever taken this and tried to come off it, they will understand how horrid the withdrawal can be. I had not been taking them as I should for a prolonged period of time due to a difficult situation that I was in, and an inability to get a refill prescription. When I did come off the drugs, I stopped taking them when I no longer felt any withdrawal. Ever since then, I have experienced heightened states of anxiety and my symptoms are quite out of proportion. Also, since leaving the situation that I was in, I have found myself quite isolated and without friends, thus making coping with these issues that much harder. I am looking to confront this from a drug-free angle from here on out, but it is proving to be quite difficult!

I look forward to getting to know the people who frequent this forum, and to sharing stories and wisdom. I am a very friendly and open-minded/free thinking individual who is great at giving advice (as I have been informed by others), so I think you will find that I am easy to get along with. Hopefully I will make some new friends online, and maybe even get to the bottom of what is causing so much stress and negativity in my life!

In any case...greetings and salutations from this anxious Canadian!

spaced
28-01-09, 10:20
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

Purple Fish
28-01-09, 11:03
Hi there,

Welcome to NMP. You`ll find this site a great help as it has been to me. I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress and I am well on the road to recovery thanks to a wonderfully understanding doctor and this site! I find the links on the left side of this page extremely helpful as you can find exactly what you are looking for and also searching specific things in the forum search.
Take care and enjoy!

Tanya xx :hugs:

weeble40
28-01-09, 20:17
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
28-01-09, 22:34
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.Please never feel alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

Patty
29-01-09, 00:13
Hi Theartofzazen, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers: