PDA

View Full Version : Help! I Fear I Have Cancer!!!!

brokenbabe
28-01-09, 10:43
Im so sick of fealing like poo! sick of worrying about something different each month, my boyfriend must think im mad!
I have had this pain in my right lung just under my breast for about 9 months now, i have been to the doctor with this, he says my breathing is fine, cant hear nothing on my chest and gave me strong anti inflamitorys which do help! Its not there all the time, it came back yesterday.
I have made another appointment for the docs tomorrow and want an xray as had a terrible dream lastnight that it was cancer, it was terrible, what if im not just being silly this time and it is actually cancer???? i feel dizzy too alot of the time, except when im doing things or at work! please someone tell me something, im feeling worn down by this constant worry:weep:

Purple Fish
28-01-09, 10:54
Hi babe,

I too have been through thinking I`ve got something seriously wrong with me and I now know that it is my anxiety. I have been visiting my doctor for the last two years to just keep him updated with my silly thoughts and feelings. It has helped me a great deal and so has this site. I also get the dizzy feelings which go as quickly as they`ve come on, this is down to anxiety. I have been on Prozac for my worrying and anxiety and I`m so glad it has helped me and I have just had my dose reduced. You need to find a sympathetic doctor who understands how you are feeling. Your health is fine and it`s all down to the anxiety.

Tanya xx:hugs:

Beccy
28-01-09, 11:07
Hello sweetheart, I know how you feel. Got a problem with my leg now but last month it was my chest. I smoke so the worry is just unbearable sometimes. I drove myself to our cottage hospital last year because I thought I was having a heart attack. Crazy, how can you drive if you are having a heart attack?! I've been to A&E a few times and it is all muscular. I slept with two pillows for years which has not done me any good and my seat at work is terrible. But every time there is a twinge it's a heart attack or lung cancer. Half the time I am sure the pains I get under my boobs are because I only wear underwired bras. That is the rational part of my brain talking! I truly believe you are fine and healthy but if you are ever having a moment feel free to message me. I know I could do with someone to talk to who has the same sort of sinister thoughts.

brokenbabe
28-01-09, 11:12
Thanx purple fish! your the first person iv spoke to on here! i do sometimes think that im sure id be dead by now if it was serious wouldnt i??? ive recently moved in with my boyfriend, he had a right old laugh at me last nite as i hadent cleared the internet history on google, every letter he typed in brought up a different illness id typed in through worry! i feel so embarassed. my mom used to make me feel better as she goes through the same thing, dont see her that much these days and my boyfriend never worries like me, he doesnt understand

Purple Fish
28-01-09, 11:25
Hey babe,

You have got to keep telling yourself that as long as you are functioning there is nothing seriously wrong with you. I tell myself that when I`m feeling anxious. My husband laughs at me when I go on about what could be wrong with me, but sometimes it`s a good thing as it lightens the mood! My doc told me to listen to my husband more and if he was concerned about my health then that would be the time to get checked out.

Tanya xx