PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety / Psoriasis

Paul goforit
28-01-09, 13:19
Hello to you all.

Just wondering if anyone else has psoriasis.

I believe I have been an over anxious person for most of my life (im 42), from my first real thoughts right up to the present. I guess it becomes the 'norm', and fortunately I have 'for the most' coped with it. About 20 year ago for know apparent reason I developed psoriasis, and over the years I have tried various creams, potions, lotions........you name it, without success. At its worse I am 40% covered, and its best I am about 10% covered.

Today I am older and maybe wiser (??), and realise that maybe the anxiety, and the psoriasis could be linked. Maybe if I affect one, I can do the same to the other...............Stress, anxiety, worry, they all affect my skin 'big time'!

I have decided to address my anxiety, and one of the steps is to 'register' here. Just maybe if I can begin to understand 'me' I can try to 'kill two birds with one stone'..........

What other steps could I try?

I would appreciate any thoughts or comments

Regards

Paul

spaced
28-01-09, 13:29
hi
your skin problems can be cause by stress and anxiety, mine always seems to flare up when i'm stressed

amandaj
28-01-09, 16:02
ive got psoriosis aswell its always worse more anxious i am, drs also have said its to do with stress

lorrifarko
28-01-09, 21:19
Hi paul, my skin gets spotty when im stressed i also have psoriasis in my scalp which is always there, I know what your going through, I think its all linked to stress. Our bodies react in stange ways to stress, everyones reactions are different. With us its our skin, pants i know. Just keep doing what your doing x