PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety disorder is taking over again :(

kenboon
28-01-09, 16:51
Having a hard time at the minute :weep: Got so much stress at the minute and this in turn is making my condition worse. I explain to my girlfreind that i'm struggleing, but theres no support. I just said to her i will get better in time and then i get "I dont think you will" and then she will bang doors ect and snap dead easily at me :weep:. My CBT worker is off for the next 3 months ill so i carnt look that way for support. Family wise i only really have my Grandad to talk too, but if i stress him out too much i could put him in an early grave. I'm just so down at the moment :weep: I almosty fear my girlfreind coming home at night. And think whats she going to moan at me about tonight, its like walking on egg shells all the time because i'm at home all day while shes at work. Yes i know she has some of the stress, but it reallyy knocks me about. My whole head is constantly numb like i'v got the worse head cold you could have. My vision keeps going out of focus and i feel so unsteady on my feet. I'm trying so hard to fight this condition, but at the moment its fighting back hard.

Sorry

Ken

LucyR
28-01-09, 17:42
Hi, It sounds as though your girlfriend is also stressed because she has to go to work and probably thinks you are having it much easier than you actually are, and so she is getting irritated by the situation. Could you not talk to her and explain fully how you feel and how badly this is affecting you, and obviously is putting your relationship together under lots of strain as well. She shouldnt have said the "I don't think you will" bit! There again she was perhaps having a bad day herself!! Good luck and I hope things improve for you both soon.

fairyfloss
28-01-09, 19:22
hi kenboon
sorry to hear you are having a bad time at mo,i agree with LucyR though,that your partner is frusrated too,going to work,and also she will be wondering how you are when she gets home,and shes hoping that you are going to get better but to do that,you need all the support and encouragement you can get.Try and have a talk to her about how you are feeling and that you feel worse when she snaps at you.Also tell her that you understand her feelings too and that you need to work as a team to try and get through this bad patch.Its worth a try,good luck to you and i hope it gets better for the both of you x

bel25
28-01-09, 20:44
Hiya Ken
I agree with the two people above- your gf probably doesn't understand how bad you feel and probably thinks your stress is the same as hers and although you know it isn't, try and talk to her about it. It can be quite hard for people to understand if they haven't been through it themselves so try and explain ho you feel. Have you tried exercise: Running? Yoga? Swimming? Or breathing techniques? There's some great books as well: Christine Ingham, Panic Attacks. Hope you feel better soon :-)
xxx

kenboon
29-01-09, 12:44
As always thanks for the replies.

I'm feeling quite a bit better today, it just overwhelmed me a bit yesterday.

I know its hard for her to understand and if the boot was on the other foot, I'm sure i would find it hard too. I'v been with her for over 9 years now, but in the last couple of years, i'v gone from a fairly chilled out person to a nervous wreck. I think your right, she probably is frustrated and just venting it abit at me, but she did appologise later.

We used to go out quite alot, but now I can not even go to a supermarket without a big fight with anxiety which has impacted her too.

I don't want to stress my Grandad out, so i don't tell him everything as it may make him unwell. I just feel so negative about things at the moment. I think its more Depression i'm fighting at the moment and as a result thats fueling my anxiety levels. I know i'm lucky in so many ways, but sometimes it just gets so on top.

I do workout abit and have changed my diet and i had been making good progress. I'v also been reading books ect to try and understand the condition a bit more. I was doing fairly well and i still am to a certain point. But some days it just gets too on top for me.

Thanks for the support and advice :)

Ken