PDA

View Full Version : Weird Side effects to prozac Help!

ladymagpie
28-01-09, 19:45
Hi,

I'm new to this site and have been on prozac 20mg daily since dec 08, so been on it for nearly 8 weeks and have definately felt good effects from it although i still have the odd down times. I feel able to actually function and have normal conversations without shouting at people lol.
My problem is severe sore throat and ear pain like when you have tonsilitus this started about the 3rd week of taking prozac, it has been so bad it makes my teeth hurt like when i had an absess with my wisdom teeth.
I was actually prescribed metronidizole as the doctor decided to treat it as a mouth infection..this helped and settled but the day after the last dose my ear pain and throat started up again....so all over christmas i had this and it was to become known in my family as " Christmas Ear"
I had it for a third time last week went to my GP who said she had never heard of anyone suffering form these side effects but i did point out it said mouth swelling on the side effects of the pills.
So tomorrow im back to the doctors to decide what to do....my tongue has started to hurt again (this is how it started before) so i will probably request another anitdepressant.
Has anyone else had these side effects?????

Oh and hi to you all im new to this x:)

x

Toby times two
28-01-09, 20:09
Hi Ladymagpie -
I took prozac for many years and I never, ever had that side effect - I must say I know many others who take it without this problem as well so I sincerely doubt it is the prozac.

I do not take it now but it worked for me for a while..

I sure hope you find an answer!

TOBY

ladymagpie
29-01-09, 12:46
Saw gp today how has diagnosed pharyngitus (probably spelt wrong) innflamation of the throat and tonsils and has said that the prozac has caused this:ohmy: very strange i know.
But im now going onto citalopram staing on 10mg as i was told to expect nausea as a side effect, so here's hoping that i'm fine on that one :)