PDA

View Full Version : so much for things getting better!!!

Peru83
12-07-05, 12:04
My partner has lost his job this time, makes a change from him walking out. I have been up since 6am looking for jobs for him and sorting out the money ie phoning the jobcentre and the housing for benefits. My partner has an interview at the jobcentre on Thursday and they said if we are awarded then it will be another two weeks before we get money!!!

I know that we will get by, we always do, but I'm just so hacked off at having to do this again!!!

I am feeling very numb at the moment, I just want to cry but I can't. I think I'm just too angry. Why does my partner have to be soo hopless? Why can't he just get a job and stick it? Most men trip over themselfs to provide for their kids, not mine though. You know who he reminds me on sometimes, Keith Millar from Eastenders but intstead of being elliterate he's just plain lazy.

Is there something wrong with him that I am missing, he's moody, grumpy, agressive, tired constantly, has no time for his kids or me for that matter. He does sometimes smoke cannabis but not as much as he used to.

I just don't know anymore, what do you guys think;
Should I give him yet another chance and see how things go?

Or just accept that he's just not going to be of any help and tell him where to go?

I need an unbiast opinion becuase if I ask my family then I know what their answer will be as they hate him.

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

pips
12-07-05, 12:54
Hi Jammie,

So Sorry you are having a rough time.

You will know in your own heart deep down whether the relationship will work or not.

Sometimes it's easier to stay with someone even though its not right. I spent 3 years in a bad relationship better the devil you know and all that! When he bacame violent that was it I couldn't and wasn't going to stand for that. Moods ok violence NO WAY!!!!

What I'm trying to say is I thought id never get over it but i did and moved on. Ok it might take time and hurt but you have got to ask yourself if you think the relationship is worth saving. only you can answer that one im afraid.

Have you talked to him about his mood swings etc... Might he be willing to get help? I think perhaps have a good heart to heart and see what comes from that.

Good Luck Hun.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

Meg
12-07-05, 13:12
Jammie

I think you've mentioned before that hes got undealt with emotional issues of his own. Sounds like he's having a tough time too and struggling with it all.

If the shoe was on the other foot and it were you losing the job would you be ok with him feeling the way you are now ?

What is it about each other that has kept you together so far ? Does that still hold true either in reality or deep down.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

trac67
12-07-05, 17:32
Hi Jammie,
Like the others say only you can make the decision wether you want to stay or not hun. I like pips stayed in a unhappy marriage thinking i had to for the kids, but it got to the point where i was so fed up with being miserable and put down all the time, i had it out with him and he walked out. My kids are so much happier now as there isnt the constant argueing and i am not miserable any more, i wish i had had the courage to end it years ago. Try talking to him hun, suggest councelling, but in the end you have to do what is going to make you happy, remember everyone deserves happiness.
Take Care
Trac:D

Peru83
12-07-05, 19:18
Thanx everybody, I know I need to make these decisions myself. I actually feel bit silly for posting this now, it's just that I don't have any friends and this has been the first thing I have had to let things out without having to turn to family. Don't get me wrong I love them but they are sometimes a little predictable with there advice.......if you know what I mean.

Well anyways think I have bored you enough, away to try and talk things through with my partner now the kids are in bed.

claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

pips
13-07-05, 17:22
Good luck hun I hope you get things sorted.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X