PDA

View Full Version : My train journey is looming..feel sick bout it

elrpigeon
12-07-05, 15:57
Hi, my train journey is on thursday and my parents have said they will pick me up so thankfully i dont have to deal with how i feel now combined with sadness of leaving my boyfriend on my way back.
But as it gets closer, i worry more about my train journey, i had such a bad headache yesterday, hardly ate anything, and havent eaten much so far today.

Im just so scared basically. I am going to do my best at getting my anxiety to a minimum and i know that requires feeling bad until i get used to doing things more and more, but i feel this is too big. Although im sure it isnt, i just feel bad about it and feel sick.

I just wish i wasn't on my own, 'cos if i had someone i knew with me it'd be more ok, but there are strangers, and i have these visions of worry about throwing up everywhere and getting hysterical, although im sure that wont really happen. I just hate having too many people around me, although in a way its not so bad if there are some 'cos i can chat to them about alsorts, so its quite confusing.

Im just so nervous its unreal! Its even gotten so bad that i have felt like i dont love mark, my boyfriend so whats the point in going? But i know its a trick of the trade to do with anxiousness, as i have felt it before.
I worry it isn't that and that perhaps i dont care about him, therefore i wont feel safe, and ill have a panic attack.
Although at the same time his family is lovely and i will feel at home with them which will help, and it will help that i know they will be proud of me for coming and going on the train, as they know of how i feel.

As you can tell by my constant change of itll be evil then no it wont, i am a little all over the place! Sorry for any rambling, i just needed to get it off my chest and know you wont judge me for my ever changing feelings. Thanks [^] Emily XXX

Power of the mind is incredible, we got thinking negative by it, we can get out thinking positive too!

seh1980
12-07-05, 16:04
hi Emily,

It's normal to be feeling nervous before a train journey. The anticipatory anxiety can often be much worse than the way you feel when you're actually on the train. Make sure you take lots of things with you to distract you such as rescue remedy, food, water, books, music, games, paper, etc. This always helps. Hope you have a good trip!!

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

leo05
12-07-05, 16:23
emily i understand what you mean i have same prob at mo as i have to travel on train on sunday

try to distract ya self take cds to listen too

trac67
12-07-05, 17:24
Hi Emily
I normally find that it is the anxiety of thinking about the actual doing it, once i am on my way i am fine. Do like the others say and take something with you to take your mind off of it. I know this sounds silly but i always chew gum when i feel nervous and anxious, it seems to calm me down. And just think about what is going to be at the end of your journey, that should help too lol.
Take Care hun
Trac:D

pinkscrumpy
13-07-05, 07:45
Hi Emily

Will be thinking of you on thursday

love

MANDIE XX

Piglet
13-07-05, 11:34
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
I just wish i wasn't on my own, 'cos if i had someone i knew with me it'd be more ok, but there are strangers, and i have these visions of worry about throwing up everywhere and getting hysterical, although im sure that wont really happen. I just hate having too many people around me, although in a way its not so bad if there are some 'cos i can chat to them about alsorts, so its quite confusing.

<div align="right">Originally posted by elrpigeon - 12 July 2005 : 15:57:20</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Totally understand where you are coming from on this - I sorta don't want lots of people there if I am going to panic yet by having them there to chat to is a distraction.

I also visualise myself running around shreiking and waving my arms about hysterically (I've never done this ever in my life nor ever seen anyone else do it either) I think in reality all that I would do is cry and tell people I'm frightened (is that really such an awful thing to do - not really, just a tad embarressing maybe).

The moral being should the worst happen and you do panic so what - feeling foolish in front of people doesn't make you a bad person it makes you a brave person for trying. Also these days most people know about panic attacks. I once sat at a concert a fair few years ago and a guy said to us can he sit at the end of the row as he had panic attacks, because he was so matter of fact about it no-one batted an eyelid and I didnt give another thought . I want to be more like that!

Does anyone around you know how you are feeling at the moment Emily that could help practically with this journey??

Do also bear in mind what Sarah said about anticipatory anxiety as time and time again this has proved to be true.

Totally behind you here lovie (notice behind not in front lol).

Let us know what you decided to do.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.