PDA

View Full Version : Cinema panic

Wenjoy
29-01-09, 11:37
Well, as I said on here the other day, got geared up to see Slumdog Millionaire as hubby was saying we hardly ever go out anymore. 27 years of marriage and I know he has been patient but we are eating out more and going to the theatre a lot more now - I got geared up for the cinema last night - had rescue remedy etc etc and we got there to find 100s of people in the queue and decided not to wait so we walked for an hour along the beach talking and when we went back to the cinema the queue was even longer!!! so despite being mentally prepared - we didnt go in the end!!! grrrrr - I am determined to stop running away from fear of being trapped in a venue!!! Wenjoy x:blush:

Patty
29-01-09, 11:52
Hi Wenjoy, :)

That's great that you're going out more now. WELL DONE!! :yesyes:

I have been trying to go out more myself over the last month. I don't know why it is but I really have to 'push' myself to go. Although I would have a 'dread' before I would go out I find that when I get there that I actually enjoy myself!!

I have heard that 'Slumdog Millionaire' is really good. I hope you get to see it soon & really enjoy it. :yahoo:

Best wishes xx :flowers:

missacorah
29-01-09, 13:22
Aw well at least you went. Its not your fault that the queues were huge.

If Im going through a bad time with my anxiety and am going to the cinema, I sometimes go a couple of hours before the film starts and buy my tickets then so I dont need to queue later and can just look forward to the film.

Wenjoy
29-01-09, 15:28
Yep I thinki i didnt expect it to be busy midweek!! wenjoy x

Anxious_gal
29-01-09, 18:31
I hate big ques of people! what helps me is to sit at the back near the door. least you did try x

sunshine-lady
29-01-09, 19:02
Hi Wendy,

Well done :yesyes:

Please try not to beat yourself up about this, at least you went. A lot of people hate queues and would have probably looked at the queue and think 'sod it'

You have a lot to congratulate yourself for, going for meals, the theatre etc, don't let this set you back.

xxx

Wenjoy
29-01-09, 19:15
Thankyou!
The big challenge is I have booked me and hubby tickets for a theatre show in March as my treat and my son is getting married in the summer so I am bricking it!! Wenjoy x