PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it annoying....

mick_uk
29-01-09, 13:06
Isn't it annoying when you've had a few days feeling relatively okay and then suddenly for no known reason you hit a really bad day!
Out of the blue you just get overcome with anxiety. Nothing has changed to bring it on, just suddenly hits you.
Does anyone else get that?
It's almost like your body is saying 'hang on, we can't have this, lets do our worst to upset things and get you back to feeling anxious'

mick

Oceanblue
29-01-09, 13:19
Yeh all the time, I have Bipolar so i'm quite used to these mood swings, from high to low, anxious then not,.. it's a real pain in the ass.

nanny
29-01-09, 13:23
Thats anxiety for you, creeps up and wham!!!!! just to let us know it's still there:lac:

Catwoman
29-01-09, 16:03
Yes Mick I am 100% with you. I get headaches and ill health and I have a difficult media job so I cannot get sick too much. I am OK and doing well and I feel 'normal' so far. I start thinking things like 'hey I can do this' and, God forbid, 'I dont mind my life right now' and start to think sunnier thoughts..

then KAPOW! I get a headaches which lasts for days, or a migraine or stomach upset from left field, then I start getting panic attacks about it, as (despite MRI's and a top neurologist saying otherwise - I think there must be something wrong with my brain).

Yes dont I agree with you.

Sue :wacko:

nikkipops
03-02-09, 20:29
Yeah I know what you mean, it drives me crazy!

Nikki

lorac
03-02-09, 21:25
Hi Mick

I think I can honestly say that I am recovering from anxiety and panic but I still get those days when it returns and it feels like I have gone back to the start. I used to get so upset when those feelings returned but now I have learnt to just accept that I am going to have bad days and the less attention I pay to them the quicker they go.

Carol

mandie
03-02-09, 22:58
I hate this, i can be fine for ages and then out of the blue there it is again

its a vicous circle for me

love mandie x

mick_uk
04-02-09, 10:17
Yeah it does knock you sideways.
You go along quite well, then bang. For no real reason it hits you.
I've kept a sort of diary for the past few months and there's nothing in it to suggest why I felt worse on those days. It really hits your confidence.
I've been reading a lot lately about 'positive thinking' and how it can turn around your thought process and eliminate the negative thoughts. It's another of those treatments that are good in theory but a lot harder to put into practice. I did nothing different on those 'good' days to what I did on the 'bad' days, yet they still happened. :unsure:
I guess it's the mystery of the brain.

take care

mick

staple
04-02-09, 21:05
Hi Mick
Yes when it comes it can knock you sideways and for me when I get anxious it seems as if it will never go and yet it always lifts. I have a saying that i keep repeating (this too shall pass)
Mike

shortstuff
05-02-09, 05:20
I know exactly what you mean. I find the worst of it is that after a few good days I feel as though the old me is back and the rest has been a nightmare - not real! Inevitably the anxiety and panic returns, sometimes after a few days or, if I'm lucky a few weeks! The realisation that the illness is real and crippling hits hard every time.

Nic

sunshine-lady
05-02-09, 16:12
This happens to me all of the time. I have Bipolar so my life is a bit of a rollercoaster ride anyway, but it really is a kncok back when anxiety hits you right out of the blue,