PDA

View Full Version : I have been prescribed Sertraline

Trapped
29-01-09, 14:47
I have read the side effects, one of which can be teeth grinding(bruxism), this is part of my condition which is TMJ disorder/anxiety/PTSD(formerly,although starting to recur)
I have also read that teeth grinding is common in ssri's.

Have any of you experienced this as a side effect? or had it come on upon withdrawal?

Brigantia
29-01-09, 14:59
Hi, Trapped!

I've been on Sertraline since last summer and have noticed that I seem to clench my teeth more, rather than actual grinding.

Trapped
29-01-09, 15:08
Thanks, although of course not what I want to hear but I appreciate your honesty.:hugs:

Trapped
29-01-09, 18:46
Bumping this up cos I am supposed to take the first one later......

Sonya
29-01-09, 20:31
Hi trapped i started on sertraline 4 days ago and i havent had this side effect, ive got a slight increase in anxiety but its manageable. Good luck and dont dwell on the side effects too much the apprehension is much worse than what its really like :) x

Burnsey
29-01-09, 20:39
hi there
iv een on sertraline for 4 yrs and i love them. i do grind my teeth but i used to do that anyway, my dentist usd to tell me off when i was little ha ha, so couldnt tell u if was the tabs or not. give them a go its worth it

i think teeht grinding is an anxious thing tho anyway

good luck

rob64
29-01-09, 20:49
i think teeth grinding is to do with being anxious and panicy, i have done it for years, mainly in my sleep. my dentist wants me to wear a bite guard at nite!!:)

Trapped
29-01-09, 21:16
this is part of my condition which is TMJ

mine is a bit more than teeth grinding I have TMJ disorder which is one of the things he is prescribing it for.....

Thanks for your replies guys.

sunshine-lady
29-01-09, 23:54
When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse, out of the corner of my eye, I turned to look and it was gone............:weep:

Is that a pink flyoyd song comfortably numb?

Trapped
31-01-09, 11:32
When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse, out of the corner of my eye, I turned to look and it was gone............:weep:

Is that a pink flyoyd song comfortably numb?

Yes, it is :) i feel that during my childhood there were some times when things were good that could have lead to a normal life......... but it was fleeting and when i turned to look/engage invariably it was gone.........

Trapped
31-01-09, 11:35
So I took half a tablet (25) on thursday night and another half last night, I am back to waking feeling scared witless after about 4 hours and feelings of panic, however, I shall take a whole one tonight and see what happens.........