PDA

View Full Version : just need to talk

Burnsey
29-01-09, 19:30
hi there

been suffering from anxiety and panic for 4 yrs and still go to work full time which i enjoy. some times i struggle but im ok.
havnt got a bad job in AO in civil service and i love were i am. Anyways put in for promotion for the 2nd time (didnt get it last time) and the day after i handed the application in (yesterday) it was playing on my mind about if i really wanted to do it or not and how sad i would be to leave were i am etc and i had a panic attack in work and had to go home.
my boss has been great said not to worry about it and if i want to withdraw application i can at anytime.
i feel relieved at the thought of not applying but then i feel i should for future career etc, but think my health and happiness is more implortant than a promotion
any thoughts

sarah xxx

bottleblond
29-01-09, 19:45
Hi Sarah

It's completely natural to feel apprehensive about the thought of promotion as it would be a big step for you to take.

You said you enjoy your job and are happy there, so why not see how your application goes and if you are offered the position, you could always turn it down.

Have faith in yourself and your ability to further your career hun and try not to let the anxiety take over. Kick ass gal!!! :yesyes:

Best of luck
Lisa
xx

Burnsey
29-01-09, 19:47
thank you hun
glad someone understands
iv not decided what im going to do but feel a little better about it now

xx

bottleblond
29-01-09, 21:06
Please let me know how you get on! Loads a luck to you gal and don't let anxiety stand in your way! xxxxx

Budgie
29-01-09, 22:16
Hi Burnsey! Hows it going? :)

You're an AO? I'm an AA in the civil service!

So, you know, if you ever have any photocopying or filing you need to be done... then... let me know:tongue: :yesyes::hugs: