PDA

View Full Version : cancer fear

vastano
29-01-09, 21:26
I think my fear of cancer started when my mum was ill with it many years ago. She is fine now and has been for the last 15 years but i think it must have effected me. Every pain or strange feeling makes me think i have got something terrible. I get so tired worrying about a particular feeling that it is only after time that i forget about it and move on. I am convinced i am going to get cancer of some sort. My current problem started on Sunday. I got a terrible pain in my back that lasted only for a few seconds. Later on in the day i got a pain in my testicle of all places! I panicked straight away and now my mind is focusing on that area 24/7. I have got a sore back now and stomach and i just can free my mind from this and now think i have testicular cancer. I was 100% fine the day before which really annoys me. I have had so many aches and pain and lumps and bumps over the years you would think i would be able to accept them but i cant. It effects my work, my wife and also my mum who i can only speak to about it as she can understand to a degree. I have a feeling i am going to be like this the rest of my life and it must just be in my makeup.

countrygirl
29-01-09, 22:29
Don't know if this helps but my husband has damage to his spine from a car accident and as well as the back and leg pain he can get terrible pain in one of his testicles - he said its either a grinding ache like toothache or sharp stabbing pains. He says the pain comes round sort of over his hip and down his groin and into testicle if that makes sense and its coming from damaged spinal nerves.

Obviously if it continued for your own peace of mind see the Dr but you mentioning back pain as well made me wonder if you have a back problem rather than testiclular problem