PDA

View Full Version : very anxious and scared

loulla-belle
29-01-09, 22:26
Im new to this ..
Ive been on numerous antideppressants since the age of 14-i took myself off 40mg of citilopram nearly 2 months ago and im really suffering from extreme mood swings at night i feel so anxious im on my own but have young children to look aFTER I REALLY ND SOME SUPPORT/ADVICE PLS AS NOW I AM SCARED TO GO TO THE DOCTORS AND GO BACK ON THEM..sorry had the caps lock on :weep:

Nechtan
29-01-09, 23:01
Hi,

If you came off your medication quite abruptly then this would I think cause the mood swings. As much as you are reluctant to speak to your GP about it I think that is the best course. If you don't want to go back on them then he won't, or can't, force you. But he may be able to give you something else to help in the meantime while you deal with withdrawl.

All the best

Nechtan

tanya 1
30-01-09, 10:45
hi loulle belle,welcome,i have a 3 year old daughter and know what its like to be on your own when your anxious sometimes, as my boyfriend works long shifts two 12 hour days then two 12 hour nights,im used to it now but i used to find it very difficult on my own at night,so if you want to pm me and we can have a chat.
tanya 1 x

House fan
30-01-09, 10:53
Hello Loulle belle

I'm sorry to hear that your feeling out of sorts at the moment. Can I ask, was it the GP's recommendation that you come off your medication or did you decide to come off all by yourself?

House.