PDA

View Full Version : Hi, another Newbie

raffy
30-01-09, 00:10
Hello, I'm 41 and have been taking Citalopram for about three years after getting post-natal depression when my baby was 3 months old. I also have a long-standing generalised anxiety problem which I think contributed to the PND...i think I have had this anxiety problem on & off since childhood, though I only really recognised this when I was in my twenties. I have not worked since 2000 because of the anxiety problem.

I'm currently taking the maximum dose of citalopram, 60mg. This has been gradually upped from 20mg, to 40mg (which is the level it seems to stop my depression) I've been on 60mg for several months to try to cmbat my ongoing anxiety. I do worry about being on such a high dose sometimes.

The Citalopram definitely controls the depression, but the underlying anxiety I have always have had still causes problems. I have particular problems coping with my son, which makes me feel very sad & guilty. It is not his fault but some days I just cannot cope with the normal stresses that come with having a normal, energetic & demanding three-year-old, even though he goes part-time to nursery & a childminder.
It is also putting a very bad strain on our marriage, as when I have a bad day I have to ask my husband to stay home to look after our son/take him to nursery etc. This causes him much stress since it affects his job, so we wend up rowing.

I do have a lovely GP but at the end of the day she can only do so much, and sometimes I feel very alone because it's so hard for my husband & anyone who hasn't suffered this to know how it affects me. It would be nice to be able to come here sometimes to talk or post, or just read about you all so I know I'm not alone.

Patty
30-01-09, 01:09
Hi Raffy, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :flowers:

spaced
30-01-09, 02:07
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

sunshine-lady
31-01-09, 23:04
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.Please remeber you are never feel alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

suzy-sue
31-01-09, 23:44
HI RAFFY & WELCOME.YOU"LL FIND LOTS OF SUPPORT HERE .LOOK FORWARD TO TALKING TO YOU !:welcome: SUE:bighug1:

weeble40
02-02-09, 13:27
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx