PDA

View Full Version : Another thing to panic about - help appreciated!

agingwuss
30-01-09, 07:47
I went to my doctor yesterday to ask about a slight change in my No 2 habits - nice! He was really patient as he always it & put my mind at about the problem I went to ask about. BUT!.....
I went to see him in October 08 about having to get up in the night to wee & once having found some blood in in wee. He didn't like the sound of it and said he wanted to do a urine test and mentioned the dreaded work - cancer! Of course I went into complete panic mode immediately but after a horrible week the result came back - normal. Lucikly enough, my HA seems to accept results [thank God] so I felt much better. Doctor asked me to send in another sample if I got any more blood showing but I didn't and I stopped having to get up in the night so thought no more about it and went on to different things to panic about. However, yesterday he said he wanted me to do another sample to check again. I've now got another panic week about this.
Could anyone shed any light on this? Surely the first test should have showed up any problems & I haven't any symptoms now Anyone else got any experience of test for bladder cancer. I know I should have asked the doctor but at the time I found it hard to leave the surgery on my legs, let alone what to ask him! Any advice and comfort would be so good!

Trixie
30-01-09, 08:27
I went to my doctor yesterday to ask about a slight change in my No 2 habits - nice! He was really patient as he always it & put my mind at about the problem I went to ask about. BUT!.....
I went to see him in October 08 about having to get up in the night to wee & once having found some blood in in wee. He didn't like the sound of it and said he wanted to do a urine test and mentioned the dreaded work - cancer! Of course I went into complete panic mode immediately but after a horrible week the result came back - normal. Lucikly enough, my HA seems to accept results [thank God] so I felt much better. Doctor asked me to send in another sample if I got any more blood showing but I didn't and I stopped having to get up in the night so thought no more about it and went on to different things to panic about. However, yesterday he said he wanted me to do another sample to check again. I've now got another panic week about this.
Could anyone shed any light on this? Surely the first test should have showed up any problems & I haven't any symptoms now Anyone else got any experience of test for bladder cancer. I know I should have asked the doctor but at the time I found it hard to leave the surgery on my legs, let alone what to ask him! Any advice and comfort would be so good!

I surprised that your GP mentioned the word cancer without even waiting for any test results or further investigation or referral to a urologist. .
Something as simple (but painful) as a urine infection can cause blood in urine.