PDA

View Full Version : Back from Dr ...

kali
30-01-09, 09:44
Hi,

Im just back from Dr after they changed my Wed appointment to today. Id been having what i thought were symptoms of MS or even a tumour with weird tingling buzzing sensations in leg and ankle and sometimes a sort of weakness in my arm.

The Dr wasnt concerned at all. He just listened to my symptoms and then saw that i could move my leg around. When i said MS he said this isnt anything serious. He didnt test my reflexes or anything! Im a bit naffed off... its the least he could have done. I was in the surgery for 2 minutes ...there wasnt even people waiting! Grrrrrrrrrr!

ItWillPass
09-02-09, 00:40
Wow I have been having the same exact symptoms, and I was also conviced I had MS! I mentioned it to the dr and he basically laughed at me. I guess it is reassuring to know that we are both having these symptoms, and we both know we have anxiety... so what else could it really be?

AcroSplat
09-02-09, 02:21
Hi,

Im just back from Dr after they changed my Wed appointment to today. Id been having what i thought were symptoms of MS or even a tumour with weird tingling buzzing sensations in leg and ankle and sometimes a sort of weakness in my arm.

The Dr wasnt concerned at all. He just listened to my symptoms and then saw that i could move my leg around. When i said MS he said this isnt anything serious. He didnt test my reflexes or anything! Im a bit naffed off... its the least he could have done. I was in the surgery for 2 minutes ...there wasnt even people waiting! Grrrrrrrrrr!

Dont be angry, be happy that you dont have MS. Last year i thought i had MS too as i had the buzzing sensations in my left arm as well as this feeling of weakness. I was so convinced i had it and thought my life was over. (Pretty selfish of me though, as MS wont kill me, unlike other nasty diseases.)

I noticed you said "sort of weakness". That sounds like preceived weakness where your arm sort of feels weak and detatched from your body, however there is no real weakness. If you had real weakness, it would be obvious to both you and your dr.

I went through the same thing with my arm too. I kept saying look my arm is weak, ive got weakness.... he did tests and asked me to move it and resist his force and then said there is no real weakness what so ever.

MistyMaya
09-02-09, 12:59
Ditto!

I too went to My Dr's complaning of numbness, tingling and pins and needles- I had "googled" the symptoms before hand and had convinced myself that I had MS!! :blush:

My Dr did do a reflex test, but I was lucky in that she picked up on the fact that I seemed unhappy.

She suggested I was depressed (I had told her I was feeling very anxious) and prescribed me meds.

Its reassuirng to hear that I wasn't alone in thinking like this :)