PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone else describe the feeling?

MVP123
30-01-09, 12:28
Hi all,

After suffering with all the physical symptoms for the last 6 months I have now started with this real intense feeling in the pit of my stomach which scares me so much, its hard to explain, but I shall have a go. I get this feeling right down in there which makes me so terrified, like i'm gonna die right there and then or something, it also makes me feel like screaming, crying, running around like a madwoman, and theres no way to get rid of it, until it passes by itself. It scares me so much. I have been on Citalopram for 3 months now, and its obvious they are making me feel worse, as except for the odd panic attack now and then before I started taking them, I had never really suffered this intense terrifying feeling. Could other people please tell me if they have this and describe what it feels like just so I know that I am not going mad........

valleybear
30-01-09, 13:58
I used to have this and it is just a different manifestation of panic, I'm sure. Don' t know much about your medication.....others on this site will give you more advice about that, but if after 3 months you have little faith and no improvement maybe you could go back to the Dr. You are not going mad and you will get past this.

june
30-01-09, 14:33
Do you mean the soft spot where your breast bone ends? Just where you put your hand if you get a fright?
If this is right then :-
This area is called "solar plexus" and is literally made up of nerves.
This absolutely terrifying feeling is caused by "adrenalin" - well known to panic sufferers. "The adrenalin rush" all your nerves are put on red alert .....= the classic "flight or fight syndrome"
If we are talking about the same area then you will also "when you are feeling better) realise that you get almost the same feeling when you are happy/ excited:blush:
Can i suggest that you look at "anxiety" also "symptoms" in the main menu? there is a lot more info in there.
Hope this answers your question.
Best wishes
June

Utility
31-01-09, 15:52
Hi

As mentioned this is just another form of panic. A fear of fear. You can experience it with or wthout being on medication. There is nothing sinister going on, but if you have concerns about the suitability of a particular medication you are on talk to your GP. Even a chat might take the feelings away.