PDA

View Full Version : Helping a good friend

lk1
30-01-09, 12:46
Hi everyone

My very close friend has been suffering anxiety and panic attacks for the last 3 months.

I would like to know what i can do to try and help her, she doesnt know the triggers that set it off, and sometimes she doesnt like to talk about it.

I like to sit with her and get her to close her eyes and talk to her about this place i know and describe it too her, even including the warm sun and it takes her there, i actually physically took her there once and she loved it.

I think i have caused it infact i know i have if you would like to know why then pm me, so should i even try and help

Also what can i do to help her, im trying to get her to come out more even when its just us two, taking her to places full of freedom walks

bottleblond
30-01-09, 13:24
Hi

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you talk about the 'Places'. Are you describing relaxation excersises?

If your friend is suffering from Anxiety and Panic attacks then it probably would be best for her to visit her GP. It's always best to get medical attention as this can open the gates to so many different help methods.

Lisa
xx

lk1
30-01-09, 16:57
Yeah relaxation excersises, shes just called me on her way home saying shes been sick, shes worked herself up into such a mess, i want to help her but i dont want to smother her at the same time.

Anxious_gal
30-01-09, 17:46
if she asks for your help then give it. I find that just calling my friend and talking about random things helps.
i thinks it's great that your really there for your friend