PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new here looking for advice

angie80
30-01-09, 13:07
Hi there, Angie here. 28 from Glasgow- diagnosed with anxiety and depression over 7 years ago- brought on by he death of my grandmother. Suffer from depression (severe) maybe only twice a year but suffer from anxiety constantly. Sometimes I cope with it well and I'm able to rationalize my feelings of dread but at the moment I'm really finding things difficult. I have good support from my family and partner (6 years) but I get the feeling they're getting sick of listening to my problems over and over again. My main problem is that I have a fear of death and constantly feel like I have an undiagnosed heart condition or cancer. It is really affecting my life and my partner is starting to really get down about it- she feels like I'm not myself anymore and that basically she can't cope- I dont blame her really but don't know what to do- i don't want to lose her but also can't change the way I am. I've been on anti-depressants before but don't want to go on them again as they made me much much worse before they made me better. I've also had counselling before but found it a bit patronising plus the year long waiting list does not help with the here and now!! Guess i'm just looking for people to talk to and some advice really. Thanks x

Patty
30-01-09, 13:17
Hi Angie, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

spaced
30-01-09, 15:52
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

sunshine-lady
31-01-09, 23:03
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.Please remeber you are never feel alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

weeble40
02-02-09, 13:28
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx