PDA

View Full Version : Strange Stomach Symptom

rb1978
30-01-09, 16:12
A bit of background to start with - this is a symptom I've had on an off since I started suffering from HA (which was about 4 or 5 years ago). It's a strange stomach thing on the right hand side. That area is often tenderest if I have a tummy upset (like it's the weak spot or something) and I notice that sometimes when I lie down in bed at night on my back I get a feeling like a muscle spasm there. You can't actually SEE it spasming but if I lay the flat of my hand on the right hand side of my tummy, I sometimes feel it spasm up and them go down. No pain, no other symptoms whatsoever, periods are normal, toilet all absolutely normal, no nausea associated with it, nothing. I am very thin as well so obviously muscles and things are more prominent. And it doesn't feel like a lump, it's a definite muscle spasm-y feeling.

I haven't specifically seen a doctor about it. But when i first started having stomach problems, and this symptom was around at the time, I had lots of doctors trips and exams and I also had an ultrasound (which did cover the whole area where this spasm occurs). And it was fine.

Now, for some unknown reason, I suddenly have a major anxiety thing about it and have managed to convinced myself this must be a tumour. Even though it doesn't feel like a lump and even though it is symptomless and even though it's not there all the time, even though it's been evident for what must be nearly 5 years and hasn't changed or caused any symptoms whatsoever and even though this ultrasound happened whilst I had it....I have still got myself very convinced this is baaaaad.

So....has anyone heard of such a thing?

God I hope so....:unsure: