PDA

View Full Version : Following on from the sleeping thread

basics
13-07-05, 16:57
When you are trying to get to sleep do you ever feel yourself move. Almost like twitching. I was going to sleep last night and my legs just moved really rapidly for about half a second. I don't control it at all and it just comes from nowhere like some sort of random muscle movements. It's pretty much always in my legs but it freaks me out.

seh1980
13-07-05, 17:07
I have had that all my life. I think it's very normal. It's because our minds are conscious and unconscious at the same time..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

pips
13-07-05, 17:10
Hi Basics,

I sufffer with this alot also.

It sounds to me like Restless Leg Syndrome see this link. http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW000/9339/10606.html

I hope it helps!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

vernon
13-07-05, 18:29
I get this to is it like a shaking just when u are falling asleep? it also hapens to other pasts of my body too sort of like a fit.

tattybear
13-07-05, 21:48
Yeah i get this...just as im drifting off somtimes, all of a sudden my legs may ttwitch or my arms, somtimes feels like your falling, then you wake up and realise your still in bed - very weird! But also normal and common I think as well...nothing at all to worry about.

Tatty B xx

Meg
13-07-05, 21:51
This twitching is totally normal,

Its just getting you into sleep relaxed mode and the falling sensation is when you are moving from alpha to beta to theta sleep waves. This also happens if you learn to meditate.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

henri
14-07-05, 10:35
hi,
i have always had it...hope it's normal!
henri x