PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new

Elizabeth_Anne
30-01-09, 18:36
Hey.
My name is Elizabeth. I am 22 and a mother of 2 little girls who are 1 year apart. I have a wonderful husband who is in the military.
I found this site when I typed into google a question about the insides of my head feeling like they shake. Some of the people on here who have anxiety and stress said it happens to them too. I was so excited! Not that we have that, but that I found a site that can help me with my anxiety and worries.
My history is long...I will shorten it by saying that for about half my life I have been a pessimist and worried about everything...that led to panic attacks and now I have so many symptoms that go along with anxiety, that that alone gives me anxiety! lol. Wow. Anyway, my husband got deployed to Iraq and just got home 2 months ago. While he was away I had the hardest time I've ever had in my life. I had and still have so much stress and anxiety from that, that it's REALLY affecting my life. I want to stop and I need help. I need to change my thought patterns but it's SO difficult to when I've been in this rut for half my life. If any of you have ANY suggestions, I am open to hearing them.
Thanks for your time! I look forward to getting to know some of you and to breaking free of this!

mary671
30-01-09, 19:19
Hi Elizabeth_Anne - I've just joined too and thought I'd say hello before I post my intro. I've been reading some of the forums on this site and have decided to join in - the other guys all seem a supportive caring bunch :D Take good care of yourself :hugs:

staple
30-01-09, 19:24
Hi Elizebeth Anne
Welcome to the site and as you have had symptoms for a long time have patience as you have been under a lot of pressure with 2 children and your Husband away.
You are not alone here as Ive been dealing with negative thoughs for a long time and they are manageable once a few tools are learned to deal with them,
I accept or reject or I can change my thoughts and this is what I practice on a day buy day basis.
Mike

spaced
30-01-09, 19:27
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)

Patty
30-01-09, 19:32
Hi Elizabeth, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

cleonagh
30-01-09, 23:28
Hi I Am Just About To Introduce My Self An Just Wanted To Say I Feel Exactly The Same As You With The Shakie Head An Every Thing Else U Said I Am Also A Mother Of To Young Children But Hopefully Things Are Gona Start Looking A Bit Bright For Us Now

sunshine-lady
31-01-09, 23:00
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.Please remeber you are never feel alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

weeble40
02-02-09, 13:41
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx