PDA

View Full Version : hair dye

peach
31-01-09, 00:10
hi,

ive just bleached my hair- home job, and just wanted to get a little reasureance- it probably sounds silly, but as i was waiting for my hair to lighten, i was reading the pamphlet that comes with the dye and all over it was warnings about extreme danger and reactions, so of course now im feeling a little queasy..lol..

ive got a slight itchyness. but i always get that when i bleach my hair. do you think its possible to get severe reaction even if youve bleached before?

ive rinsed it out now, but little worried, and got a music festival to go to, so nervous something will happen as delayed reaction at festival- oh, i really hope not!!!! its 3 hrs from home! there is a hospital in the area.gosh, the heat at the festival will be hard enough to deal with. AND, just found a snake in the backyard, so cant leave dog at home-gotta find someone to take him for the day...lolol...
oh, what have i done? lol...this is how my head works....:scared15:

any advice? apoligies this got a bit random...lolol..:blush:

Patty
31-01-09, 00:27
Hi Peach, :)

I always get anxious when I dye my hair. I think even a glimpse of the 'Warnings' is enough to send my mind into 'overdrive' of 'What ifs'...

I hope you've a great time at the festival. :yahoo:

Best wishes :hugs:

mandie
31-01-09, 00:45
Hi

i get anxious when i do my hair to. Even though i use the same make, i always worry that i will get a reaction.

love mandie x

sunshine-lady
31-01-09, 01:08
My hubby does my hair, I am blonde, but dye it slighty blonde. I always panic as the dye turns purple on my head! I am always fine as I think you will be.

Have a great time xxx

scooby28
14-04-09, 17:10
i recently had my hair bleached from a reddish brown back to blonde which i normally am. this was the worst itchyness tingle burning sensation i have ever had from having my hair coloured and i colour my hair all the time, also left me with a bright red slight burn line around my forhead i was worried about this at the time but it eased as soon as it was washed off and totally went within a week i think this is a pretty normal reaction to bleach

Anxious_gal
14-04-09, 17:18
LOL I have had many a panic attack over hair dye! and I have dyed my haur lots and never had a reaction, but my anxiety makes me silly at times.
try not worry you'll be fine!
I'm sure you have used hair dye before and not had a reaction!
have fun at the festival! x

PoppyC
14-04-09, 19:56
Hi :)
My hair is blonde and whenever I colour it, about a few minutes in, I start to panic...I dont know why but I think its to do with a fear of the chemicals on my head lol and I worry I will get a reaction to it. I feel quite anxious until its time to wash it off.
I am the same even at the hairdressers and it is a real struggle to stay calm.
However I am not letting my hair go back to its natural colour:lac:

phil06
31-01-21, 23:29
I’ve had hair dye when I was younger but my worry is in the future i could suffer a reaction to it how safe are the hair dyes?

Fishmanpa
31-01-21, 23:53
This thread is from 2009. Last reply 2011. What's the point?

FMP

phil06
01-02-21, 00:00
This thread is from 2009. Last reply 2011. What's the point?

FMP

My apologies I couldn’t be bothered to start a new one.

Fishmanpa
01-02-21, 00:10
My apologies I couldn’t be bothered to start a new one.

Why would you anyway? I know you have pretty severe anxiety but this? C'mon... even you know better!

FMP

glassgirlw
01-02-21, 00:14
If you’ve dyed your hair in the past without reaction, you’re fine to do it again. No worries. As with all hair dyes, if you’re really worried, you can do a small test patch just to check for allergy. It’s in the instructions.