PDA

View Full Version : why do you take propranolo.

shinney
31-01-09, 12:47
Why did the drs give u propranolol. was it for anxiety, depression, or other medical reason.

yorkylover
06-02-09, 16:00
I took 40 mg for anxiety,but Thursday I had it reduced to 20 mg:yesyes: :yesyes:

tiffanysdesigns
21-02-09, 08:58
I take 20mgs everyday for anxiety. Take one tablet in the morning and one at night.

whitelight
23-02-09, 19:06
80MG once a day in the morning. Was given it as to try to remove the physical symptoms of anxiety (racing heart, sweats, horrible sinking stomach). It's really early days for me though, had some major panic attacks this afternoon (the first dose wearing off?) Really want to be a week ahead to where I am now as hopefully it should be working properly by then (so I've read on here anyway...)

sarah7
03-03-09, 17:14
I take it for anxiety, 40mg a day, half in the morning half at night.

meeno
13-03-09, 16:37
I take mine for anxiety too.. 40mg in the morning. I hadn't thought about taking half and half, because I do get quite anxious at night. Hmm.

whitelight, I hope they work out for you, they worked like a dream for me! All the best.

homebythefence
16-03-09, 20:16
I take 40mgs every day for anxiety and sadly have seen little improvement :(

Serenity-cherry
20-03-09, 19:20
I'm on the highest dose of 160mgs a day. I suffered for a whole week on 3x20mgs daily, but to no avail. It was the longest and most frightening week of my life. There I was on medicines to help these damned palpitations and they were'nt working. I felt lost.

My GP eventually changed it to the highest amount of 160mg's a day, one modified release capsule and it worked virtually straight away. The only side effect I'm having is tiredness, but I'd rather be feeling sluggish than terrified. And I'm managing a sleep at night. They haven't gone completely but I'm more trusting that I'm going to be okay. My only fear is that they'll return if the medication is stopped.

lesley stead
19-04-09, 16:48
i take prop for anxiety been taking for 1 week 40mg 3 times daily still very edgy doesent seem 2 be working or does it take a while also taking citalopram for about 12 week 10mg then 20 now 40mg got a awfull sinking feeling in my stomach most of day and very nervy cant seem 2 shake this off not enjoying anything at all is this anxiety keep thinking something else is wrong

lesley stead
19-04-09, 17:01
please anyone reply 2 put my mind at rest

lotte_82
19-04-09, 18:33
I take 40mg in am and 40mg is pm......yes the tightness round my chest has eased....But still...the racing heart, pins and needles....So actually not much use for me either :mad:

Serenity-cherry
10-05-09, 20:50
It's weird how life goes. I was successfully managing 160mg modified release propanolol tablet a day, and to be honest for two months it's been working fine. This morning I wake up with palpitations and they've lasted all day. I've spent today willing the clock on to bed time to take my sleeping pills just to escape the sheer horror I'm experiencing. I honestly thought it was under control but no such luck. I just hope after sleep tonight (if I'm lucky) it'll be back to normal. But for now, it's really just par for the course....

Deepest Blue
10-05-09, 21:19
I'm taking it for anxiety but it hasn't helped, I take 30mg a day, if anything, it's making me feel so much more tired and breathless, I think I am going to stop them soon. I am really at a loss on what to take for anxiety because nothing seems to work and all I get is side affects with each med I take which really does not instal any confidence and makes me believe that I will never get better, I am so unhappy :(