PDA

View Full Version : Any Advice ?

tiffanysdesigns
31-01-09, 19:07
Hi,
I have been suffering with panic attacks and anxiety since before Xmas. I am on 40mgs of Fluoxetine and 20mgs of Beta Blockers (Propranolol) I am now a day patient at hospital which I go to three times a week. I am constantly researching, reading self help books.

My panic attacks started at my home so I was staying with my parents but last night I came home because I cant stay away forever. I felt very anxious being in my house (my husband and daughter were with me) so I just went straight to my bedroom on my own. I have been in my bedroom most of the day as I feel less anxious there.

I am really struggling to speak to people, I wish my pain was physical so people could see how I am feeling. My Husband who I loved so much does not understand me. Last night I thought I would rather go and pay and stay in a travel lodge but I cant afford to do that. I wish I could feel at ease in my own home.

Sorry for the rant

Dominic1975
31-01-09, 19:33
Sorry to hear you are suffering so much..... I went through a phase of not feeling comfortable at home and I would sleep on the sofa, cos I didnt want to move around the apartment, I dont think I was scared, but very anxious

Its hard for anyone not suffering to understand, maybe in time you will be able to explain your feeling more to your husband... I know I didnt understand it, until it actually happened to me

Are you getting any therapy for how you are feeling....

I hope things get better soon, you really do sound like you are suffering

tiffanysdesigns
31-01-09, 19:41
Thanks Dominic for taking the time to reply.
I am having therapy at hospital 3 times a week which includes CBT.
I wish I could explain to people how I am feeling. At the moment I am feeling sad and anxious but don’t know why. I have a fantastic husband and beautiful daughter, a nice home and a good job but at the moment I cant enjoy anything.

I told work that I was hoping to be back on Tuesday but I don’t think I can manage it.

I wish I could understand why this is happening to me,

goldilocks
31-01-09, 21:20
Hi

I just wanted to say that I like many many people on here completely understand how you are feeling. Please try and accept that their is no quick fix and everything you are doing is moving you in the right direction. In time the panic will cease - it's impossible for the body to live in a state of panic for long! I too am on 40mg of fluoxatine and you have to remember that they take time to work. I am sure you can see some improvement in yourself since the early panics - you must have done to say that you may return to work on Tuesday.

Remember that right now you've probably placed extra pressure on your self by wanting to feel good when you return home so that would explain any growing panic.

In short I just wanted to say - be patient with yourself, keep getting the therapy, taking the tablets and reading the books - it all helps! Also - the more you can communicate to your husband and let him in to help you the better! He married you - for better or worse, in richer and in poorer and he will want to do all he can - listening and holding you is probably the best therapy you can get from him right now.

God bless you and I wish you well

xxxx

suzy-sue
31-01-09, 21:37
HI! SORRY YOU ARE FEELING SO ROTTEN AT THE MOMENT, YOU SEEM TO BE DOING ALL THE RIGHT THINGS THO. ITS HARD FOR YOUR HUBBY TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE GOING THRU ,UNLESS HE"S BEEN THERE HIMSELF.HE PROBABLY FEELS LIKE YOUR SHUTTING HIM OUT..HAS HE READ ANY OF YOUR SELF HELP BOOKS? IF NOT ,PERHAPS IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA. DONT PUSH YOURSELF TOO HARD,AS IT HAS A HABIT OF MAKING THINGS WORSE.GOOD LUCK WITH THE CBT. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON !LOTS OF HUGS :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: SUE :bighug1: