PDA

View Full Version : Tonight really scared me!

Anzie2008
31-01-09, 20:05
Tonight I was driving back from the stables in the dark, on my own. It was about quater past 5 and I was driving down a lane where there were no streetlights, but a few factories to the left that were lit up. I was doing about 45mph, and I had my full beam lights on as it was dark... as I turned the corner and went downhill slightly, a lorry was coming my way so I quickly switched my full beam headlights off. There was another lorry behind the first one. As I passed them, I felt a really weird vibration go right through my car, as though my car was shaking slightly. It was really really weird, and I remember going "what the hell was that?!?!" :wacko:

I did try to rationalise thinking that two lorries whizzing past me, and me going down a hill at 45mph caused a gust of wind to rock my car slightly, or that the sheer force gave my car a quick rock. Thing is, I can't get it out of my head that maybe I ran something over... an animal or I've even thought about a person !! I know that sounds ridiculous considering there were no crashes or bangs or anything... there was merely a mild vibration. :scared15: But still I can't help thinking maybe I just didn't see that someone was lying in the road or something !! My God that sounds so ridiculous now I look at it, I just can't help thinking about it :scared15: I think maybe that has something to do with the fact that when I was just 16, (just two years ago) me & my Mum had a car accident when someone ran out infront of our car & we hit them. I still think about the accident all the time and the sheer force & impact of it, so maybe this stupid incident has set it of.

I'm so worried, I cried when I got in, thinking that maybe I'm loosing the plot and that I'm a 'nutter' or something and that I just didn't see whatever was infront of me. But at th esame time, I feel like a nutter for even thinking that someone was there if that makes sense. :weep:

In general, my anxiety has been so much better. I was getting intrusive thoughts before but I've really learnt to deal with it and I've been getting on with things so much better. I'm so scared that it's all going to kick off again!!
Please help me :( Any opinions or advice you could give would really help. Does it sound like it was just a gust of wind that rocked my car for a second or two??

x

mickh555
31-01-09, 21:02
Unfortunatly , i,ve ran a few animals over in my time.Horrible i know.I only mention it to put your mind at ease.You dont get the noise you describe.Trust me.It was probably the vibration from the lorries traveling through your car.

suzy-sue
31-01-09, 22:04
HI!I AGREE WITH MICK,SOUNDS LIKE THE LORRIES ROCKED YOUR CAR,THEYHAVE DONE THAY TO ME ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASSION.I HATE MOTORWAYS BECAUSE OF LORRIES AND HAVE A SURGE OF ANXIETY WHEN I SEE ONE COMING IN MY DIRECTION...:scared15: ITS OBVIOUSLY THE ACCIDENT YOU HAD SETTING YOUR ANXIETY OFF, SO PLEASE DONT FRET. ITS JUST A BLIP! :doh: WE ALL HAVE THEM FROM TIME TO TIME...:hugs: LUV SUZY

sunshine-lady
31-01-09, 23:14
Hi

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so anxious, but like the other people who have posted, I am sure that it was the vibration caused by the two lorries. To put your mind at rest have a look at your car in the morning, I'm sure if you had hit something there will be some damage to your car.

Please try not to worry xxx

Goodlife
01-02-09, 19:38
Hi
Firstly I'm sure you didn't hit anything, but I know exactly what you mean. I have had this happen to me a couple of times when I've heard a weird noise/vibration from the car, even to the point that I've had to turn the car round and drive back to the spot where it happened and check that there were no bodies in the road that I had run over !
Now I've written this down I can see I am almost completely mad !

Matt_Who
01-02-09, 19:50
Anzie,

I's sure you haven't run anything over. When two vehicles go past each other quite closely the air that's forced between them can cause a slight rocking feeling. It's happened to me when I've been on a train and another goes past the opposite way.

I'm sure if you'd run anything over you will have felt more than what you did.

Please don't worry about it.

x

LucyR
01-02-09, 21:33
I think you would have known if you had ran something over, it would have been a thoud and not just a vibration. Lorries cause your car to vibrate as they go past, I know that, that has happened to me lots of times, if it were a rabbit you would have heard a thud. Could you go back to the spot to put your mind at ease, taking a torch.

Anxious_gal
02-02-09, 01:02
your not a nutter, it's just the anxiety making you hypersensitive, like the lorries probably did vibrate your car, but because of the anxiety you felt it more.
like for example i was in a coffee store upstairs and i could feel the movement of the tables and chair when ever someone walked past.
see i really noticed and felt the movements because of my anxiety whereas most people wouldn't even have noticed