PDA

View Full Version : ladies only please

amandaj
31-01-09, 20:07
has anyone had the depo injection i had mine due to a miscarriage, but i came off it in september since then no bleeding nothing ,boobs really hurting all time hard to touch and uncomfortable convinced myself now its something bad , another ha symptom i guess but its really worrying me ,i def dont wanna be pregnant again im to old for all that now so it cant be that as did test about 4 weeks ago and was negative so why no bleeding blody hell fed up of all this now

amanda

amandaj
01-02-09, 21:03
um no one on it then i guess or been on it

CJH86
01-02-09, 22:22
Hi, im not on it personally but i know a little about it as am studying pharmacy. It can take up to 6 months in some cases for periods to return, the menstral cycle is a complicated thing and the depo injection affects how the other hormones involved in the cycle act and are released, also as it is a long acting injection it doesnt stop working immediately the day you come off it and will take some time to clear all the drug. This and the sore breasts i'd think may be down to all the hormones trying to settle back to normal, i came off the pill 3 months ago and have a similar problem x

helen26
02-02-09, 10:03
hey, i have the depo injection, and since having my health anxiety, my hormones have been going made! i started it neally 3 yers ago after having my second child, never had a "period" as such, the occasional little bleed. well my HA started in october, sice then i have had terrible aching boobies! really painful, went to the docs and nurse, had breast checks, nothing, put it down to my hormones and the adrenalin thats shooting across my body!! then since just after xmas, i have had some discharge, not everyday, but its there, but it just seems like my lady bits are over moisturising themselves, lol! again, run to docs, had some tests, come back fine! i am considering coming off the depo and going back on the pill, atleast i knew where i was with that! my nurse told me if i did want another baby, then the depo can take 6 to 12 months to get out ur system, dont worry hunny, its all part of being a women and having hormones, as well as this flipping HA!! XX