PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Ulcer

louisa2983
31-01-09, 22:33
Hi All,

Have any of you got an ulcer from being anxious all the time?

I keep getting real bad indigestion and I am worried that I am getting one.

Thanks
Lou xxx

JohnBliss
01-02-09, 22:01
Hi
I had a stomach ulcer diagnosed two years ago which was healed in no time by medication. Although I have suffered from anxiety for years I think the ulcer was caused by some medication i was taking for a non related condition as it was a common side effect.As I understand it ulcers can occur for all sorts of reasons including diet and stress. It is a simple and painless procedure to diagnose an ulcer through examination at the hospital ( Endoscopy) and in my experience they are easily healed
Regards
John

CJH86
01-02-09, 23:11
Hi, i had a stomach ulcer about a year ago...mine was caused by medication and not helped by a nasty bout of stress. There is no medical evidence (as of last time i checked) that stress or anxiety alone can cause stomach ulcers, it just probably increases likelyhood of getting one in association with other risk factors i.e. smoking, diet, alcohol, genetics, caffiene consumption and medication. I know people who have suffered indigestion for years and never developed a stomach ulcer

...and yep easily treated, cleared up nicely

JonBaptista
21-09-10, 03:17
Surgery used to be very common for duodenal and gastric ulcers (http://www.stomach-ulcer-symptoms.org/) but now is usually reserved for the complications of ulcers, such as perforation or bleeding.

Horse
21-09-10, 08:03
I also believe that ulcers can be caused by longterm anti-inflamatories.