PDA

View Full Version : Going back to work

missacorah
31-01-09, 21:37
Im finally going back to work after 2 long years of panic attacks and agorophobia. Im still not fully back to 'normal' of course but I have managed to get a job in a little corner shop that I have always looked as a 'safe zone' so Im hoping Im going to be okay there. I start Monday but am just so nervous. I keep thiking back to my old job that I had to leave due to the panicking but that was a lot different -still Im convincing myself this will be the same :unsure:

Any positive thinking tips for my first few days would be kindly received x

valleybear
31-01-09, 22:49
Well done on going back to work..you have done amazingly well and I'm sure you will continue to make progress. The concept of a safe zone is good and it sounds like you will have support there. I'm sure it will be different from your old job ....and remember you are so much better now. All the very best thoughts for Monday and I will think of you. X

missacorah
01-02-09, 22:29
Thankyou so much. I'm so nervous right now and am imagining that everything that can go wrong will!

Patty
02-02-09, 00:34
Hi Missacorah, :)

Well done for getting the job. That's great news!! :yesyes:

Wishing you the best of luck for tomorrow. :hugs:

mandie
02-02-09, 00:56
No tips but wishing u lots of luck for tomorrow

love mandie x

missacorah
02-02-09, 09:04
Thanks ladies! Ive just dropped in here for a bit of a pep talk before I leave in 20 minutes lol!

Matt_Who
02-02-09, 11:45
Wow sounds like you're doing great! I hope your first day goes well.

sunshine-lady
02-02-09, 22:20
Well done making the decision to go back to work, that must have taken a lot of bottle!

Hope your first day goes well, I'm sure you will soon be making new friends.

xxx