PDA

View Full Version : Feel absolutely dreadful

Cat80
01-02-09, 12:46
I was prescribed 15mg of Mirtazapine almost 2 weeks ago. I've been taking one 2 hours before bed like told to by my Dr and am feeling awful. I just feel so ill. I feel sick all the time. I cannot stay away, I feel completely drugged up 24/7. I'm not sleeping as every night I'm having really vivid dreams that are waking me up. My limbs feel heavy and my eyes won't stay open. I'm also getting awful hunger which is bad for me as I started a healthy eating plan in January. Also have an awful memory and doing the silliest things. Yesterday I went to brush my teeth and instead of putting toothpaste on my brush I put liquid soap on it :wacko: I've not been out of the house in a week because I feel so sick, tired and dizzy.

I know it's only been almost 2 weeks for me on these tablets but I honestly can't cope like this anymore. I just don't think these sedative tablets are right for me so am going to stop taking them. I'm just worried I will get withdrawal symptoms. I've only been on them 12 days so should I get any bad withdrawal symptoms? Thanks for any help :)

Trapped
01-02-09, 12:55
read my post cat, i am in the same position but on sertraline:shrug:

sunshine-lady
01-02-09, 20:43
Hi I take mirtazapine, was taking 30mg but now taking 15mg as well as other medication. The side effects that you are having are very common, but please try to stick with them a little longer as the side effects do pass and you should feel better very soon.
xxx

macca78
04-02-09, 12:44
How are you feeling now? Any better? I am weaning off prozac and due to start taking mirtazapine 15g a day. Probably in about a week and a half.