PDA

View Full Version : atenenol

adele
13-07-05, 21:35
i have been taking atenenol 50mg a day since friday, i have just read on one of your forums that paracetemol helps with the chest pains etc. can i take paracetemol with these beta blockers?

also why are my symptoms worse at night? does anyone else get like this? just when you want to chill out and try and think about something else it starts again!

Meg
13-07-05, 22:10
Stretching those intercostal muscles helps as well.

Yes you can take paracetamol with betablockers.

When you're settling down for bed , its easier to notice the things that have been there but are unnoticed during the day when you're moving about and are busy .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

blossom
14-07-05, 23:37
Dear Meg, as you know I suffer from Agoraphobia, and GAD also depression, I have written to you before about medication. I am still on Valium almost 40 years, and saw the doctor yesterday, and she suggested I keep taking them, as I am going through a rough patch ( as usual ) I wake every morning crying afraid to face the day, and have not been getting out, since I went to my grand daughters wedding, which I was so pleased about, guess it was the build up and worry before hand.
I also take 10mgs of Cipralex, but they do not seem to be hekping been on them 15 months, but the real reason I am writing to you is that the doctor found out that my BP was high so he upped my Propranalol from 80mg SR to taking another one at night making 160 SR a day, but I find they make my head so muzzy, all the time, been on the second one since February, I have read they cause depression. I saw the doctor yesterday, and asked if I could cut the night one down to 40 mgs, she gave me a prescription, but when I read it its states to take 4 40mgs a day, I take my BP twice a day as she told me to, and its always about, .140/58 and my pulse is around 55. What I would like to ask you, if I could take 120 mgs a day, as I always have a muzzy head with them, I did ask her, but they never seem to take any notice, if so how could I do it please. I could at least see if the BP is alright eh, but they never explain it to you. I have a machine to take it, as she suggested could you please tell me, if this eould cause more panic attacks, as she said it could. Please could you write to me about what is best. I am taking paracetamol 2 times a day to releive the muzzy head, which they seem to give me. Thankyou Meg, hope you will not mind me asking you this. I am afraid all the time
Do you think, this waking up crying every morning, could be a habit, it stops me getting out. Thankyou so much Meg. from Blossomxx

Meg
15-07-05, 14:40
Blossom ,

Firstly really well done for getting out to your grandaughters wedding - that was great and a brilliant way of showing yourself that you can do it - I strongly suggest that you try to get out a bit more regularly.

As regards the BP - its true that betablockers can give you a muggy head.
You could start by taking the 40 mg four times a day and see if that helps a bit by spreading it out over the full day rather than having a bigger amount twice a day. If your blood pressure is very well controlled , then you could then try leaving out one 40 mg dose and monitoring the blood pressure closely and seeing if it changes.

If the mugginess is really affecting you there are lots of other agents which would control the BP another way without the mugginess, like an ace inhibitor BUT you would not then get the benefit of having the betablocker keep your heartrate low and not racing when you get anxious.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

adele
16-07-05, 15:31
i have been taking atenenol for a week now - 50mg per day only. dr said yesterday to wean myself off it by cutting tabs in half and taking that for a week then one evry other day. does this seem a normal way of coming off this type of drug?
i take them at midday, by early evening, every evening i start to get tight chested and feel as though i have swollen glands, is this just a weird anxiety thing or could it be the medication?