PDA

View Full Version : Not feeling ready

GG1986
01-02-09, 20:15
I have finished the C.B.T that I was having, I'm continuing with the 40mg of Citalopram that I have been prescribed and the clinic that I attend are getting ready to sign me off. However I don't feel ready yet for the challenges that lay ahead of me. When I mentioned this to one of The Doctors he suggested breaking it down into small steps but I'm scared to even do that!

There is so much I want to do with my life and I had hoped to be ready to start tackling things by now but I feel like I'm back where I started with just the tablet to help me through....does anyone else feel like this? All of the work I have put in over the last year just feels hollow and I feel defeated.

purplehaze
01-02-09, 20:33
I have to agree with your Dr about breaking it down into small steps and I am always one for saying "Take small steps at first"
I truly understand how you feel and the challenges before you will seem like mountains but YOU DO have the power within you.

Reading through your post I can see that your putting a lot of pressure on yourself even before you have tried anying and that feeds the doubts.

Take one small step and see how it goes and even if you fail at least you tried but dont let that stop you from trying again.

You have an amazing power within you, so start to believe in you.

I took small steps at first and then bigger ones and then had to take a few more small steps, just keep doing the small steps

Be blessed

GG1986
01-02-09, 20:39
Thank's for your reply.

I kind of put pressure on myself for two reasons, one because I'm worried about the future and if I don't make progress and two, my family have been so supportive, I can't work at the moment and they look after me so well and are so patient but one day they are bound to want rid of me...I want to make them proud of me, it's all I've ever wanted.

The small challenges seem so hard, for example my challenge could be walk to the end of the road and back and i'll get to the door and hundreds of reasons I shouldnt go will flash into my head and I wont set foot outside.

I wish I could just get past this, it's so frustrating.

Anna C
01-02-09, 20:47
Hi,

If walking to the end of the street is too hard try walking to the gate and back or half way down the street. Whatever you can manage and then keep repeating it until you're confident that nothing bad will happen, and it will give you the confidence to go a little further.

Good luck, I know how hard it is.

Anna x

GG1986
01-02-09, 20:50
Hi,

If walking to the end of the street is too hard try walking to the gate and back or half way down the street. Whatever you can manage and then keep repeating it until you're confident that nothing bad will happen, and it will give you the confidence to go a little further.

Good luck, I know how hard it is.

Anna x

I feel very self conscious doing things like this, everyone we know seems overly interested in why I've never worked, why I don't go out etc and I feel like they are watching me and judging me and know how scared I am...just feel really vulnerable.