PDA

View Full Version : ICE - In Case of Emergency

clickaway
13-07-05, 21:53
Just thought I'd help publicise the ICE campaign.

Its all about storing emergency contact numbers on your mobile phone list so that should you be unable to advise the emergency services in a situation (you may be unconciousous), they can contact people to check on details, especially allergies, medication etc.

So you need to display their name preceeded by ICE - that way the paramedic or whoever can contact relative or friend who would know the relevant medical detail. This will help save your life.

So you should store the number additionally as ICE-Alex, ICE-Nicola etc.

I have chosen two contacts, one of whom is generally at home during the day

Full details here

http://www.cnhw.co.uk/ice.cfm

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

seh1980
13-07-05, 22:24
Thanks for that Ray. :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

nomorepanic
13-07-05, 22:26
Ray

You beat me to posting this so thanks.

Today I added the ICE to my phone as well.

Great idea!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Mcched
13-07-05, 22:37
Fantastic Ray

Definately worth doing!!!!

Nikki

tattybear
14-07-05, 11:52
Hi,

I heard of this a while ago, but its been publicised more since the London Bombings.

Have just added ICE to my phone - Its a great idea - so simple but could be lifesaving.

Tatty B xx

pips
14-07-05, 11:59
Many Thanks for that Ray,

What a good idea

I have Just done it.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

bluesparkle
14-07-05, 11:59
hi...
my kids have had ice on their phones for a while now... but i had to ask them what it meant having ice after my name [Duh!]
but i havnt done it on mine so off to do it now :D

Meg
14-07-05, 16:38
Rachel .

Make sure its ICE first - then your name .

Staff will go to I first and it was chosen over E for emergency as they're are likely to be less entries under I than E

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

jill
14-07-05, 17:50
Thanks for that Ray,
not heard of this befor, adding ICE to kids phon and mine, hubbly'S
and telling all my family.

Many thankS

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

bluesparkle
14-07-05, 18:42
ok... ive put ice first...
and changed the kids phones and explained why to them... as they had it after the name...
thanks for that
rach