PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else find they usually have a bad day after a good one? Doing too much?

Crystaltips
01-02-09, 21:35
I have noticed a pattern that if I have had a good day, with no panics and shaking, and have slept well, BUT also been fairly busy, that i pay for it the next!

Last week I had one particularly busy day with the children and saw friends too, but had probably had enough later in the afternnon but didnt come home when I should. I then had a migraine that wouldnt go for two days!

I notice that if i try and pack more than two activities into a day I feel shaky, jelly and panicky the next.

I am off work at the mo, having counselling, and been instructed to empty my days, and things will be added back in in bite sizd chunks.

I feel fed up that i seem to be getting so tired and unwell if i try to do much - I'm usually extremelly busy and always on the go with a hectic social life and lots of hobbies!

JustJen
01-02-09, 23:57
Hi there :)

I have a similar problem - I have only just got used to not doing very much in order to feel healthier, but trying to do a quarter of what everyone else seems to do is frustrating the hell out of me. If I think or feel ok, inevitably I'll try to do too much (which no-one can understand, as it seems so little to them!) and then pay for it later.

I'm hoping that the rest will lead to things improving, but not knowing when this will be can get me down immensely. I too suffer from (severe) migraine, and this can be so disabling.

I hope you get the rest you need, and have many good days ahead!

hugs,

Jen

Anxious_gal
02-02-09, 00:55
ya i find that happens a lot. I'll have a super good day then the next I'm a wreak.

debera
02-02-09, 02:06
yes i find that too after i have a very busy day and the next day my anxiety seems to get worse. my therapist says that is very normal for people who have anxiety. hope this helps.
debera
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Crystaltips
02-02-09, 09:34
Thanks for your replies. Migraine has finally gone - lasted two days. I just cant understand why I can't do so much though. Is it to do with metabolism do you think?

jellybean43
02-02-09, 10:41
Hi
I could have written that post myself!!!
I too have suffered GA for years and HA for the past 17 months. I am currently recovering from HA which really did takes its toll on me. I had CBT last year and I was told that this is what anxiety does to you. I have a fantastic day( like yesterday) where i got up , went to the local freezer shop, then to a Car boot, home for lunch and then on to see my daughters new flat in the next town. Got home about 6 feeling nicely tired.
Today I am paying the price. I feel totally worn out!!!!! I am just sooo glad i dont have any arrangements again til Friday as i cant seem to "cope" with more than a couple of things in a day.I have just started an office return to work course(2.5 days a week starting properly in a few weeks) and i am nowpanicking about how i will cope!!!
I too get really bad migraines and i know that if i dont "pace" myself today i am going to get one.Hence i am sat in my pjs!!!
The key is to know your limits and stick to it. I have had to accept that i cant do as much as other people( who seem ok to me but more than likely suffer with something too!!!) and I have to just say that it is too much for me.
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better today x