PDA

View Full Version : Its Amazing- Now Im Waitin For My Next Disease..

claire.xx
02-02-09, 14:31
my latest disease was lung and bone cancer, after convincing myself i had this, the symptons were getting worse, i came on here and sum1 else had the same symptoms, it turns out i just had pulled cartilage, nw my symptoms av dissapeared-wonda whats next

football12345
03-02-09, 08:40
Yeah the same thing happens to me symptom wise... It sucks.

j2
03-02-09, 13:26
I wish I had the answer b/c I can totally relate. I just ordered a book about HA and coping with it. I will post what I think about when I get it. Anyway, this stinks for all of us. Far too often my first thought in the morning is about my health. I spend too much thinking and self diagnosing. This board helps and I very grateful for it. Try to distract yourself and DO NOT GOOGLE. Good luck.

J2

elitest
05-02-09, 14:44
whats the book called and is it any good ?

cazzmatazz
05-02-09, 15:18
I have been reccomended a book called Feeling the Fear and Doing it Anyway by my GP. He sais it is really good with some common sense stuff which will get me thinking - cant wait to give it a good read!

randomworry
06-02-09, 00:08
hi OP i dont mean to be rude becuase i have bad health anxiety myself but dont wonder whats next just go out there and enjoy yourself! you get me!
make this your last obsession.

all the best

claire.xx
06-02-09, 00:26
i dnt literaly wait and think of diseases, and im not one that it affects my life as in its the 1st thing in my mind its just whenever i get a cold even i multiply my symptoms! i dnt wait to find something wrong with me!

wildlife71
06-02-09, 01:46
if its the same book i have "feel the fear and do it anyway" by susan jeffers it is really good, I go back to it time and time again gives me such a confident boost talks about the inner chatter " the voice within the head that constant chatters away at you"
Another book that i have which was recommeded to me by my CBT therapist is "Reinventing your life" by Jeffery E Young and Janet Klosko, talks about "life traps" and we all have one of those but all have idividual ones. This book too gives you a massive insight on yourself that you prob dont even recognise at this point till you read it then you can relate with it.

hope this helps

Heather

Littleweed
06-02-09, 07:08
I too have read this book "Reinventing your life" by Jeffery E Young and Janet Klosko, and Feel the Fear Both well worth the read.

choliver
06-02-09, 07:55
im just like you claire i,ll read something in the press or see it on TV and all of a sudden i think i have it.the sensible part of my brain tells me not to be so stupid but the stupid side takes over and on to net i go to try to match my symptoms.with diagnostic sites you can always get a match for any disease you want.and it is almost an addiction to go on them even though i know it will only cayse me upset.

claire.xx
07-02-09, 00:27
thats me! ppl in my family died of lung cancer so obviously i have it, my mum died of a heart atack the same age her father did so obviously i will, jade goody has cervical cancer so nw my normal smear a yr and half ago was wrong.i laugh at myself somtimes

EmmaJane
07-02-09, 12:30
I was going to do a post on this re Jade Goody. I didn't know her cancer had spread until I just read it. How awful, and so young. I am working on my Health Anxiety, so I guess for me to think I have cervical cancer is a normal irrational thought? ut no real as Jades is? This is a big one for me to fight.

xx

PS, hows the snow for you all xx

claire.xx
07-02-09, 13:08
All my thoughts are irrational i just need to make myself understand that..easier said then done. bt the jade goody scenario makes me worry 2...
The snow or rather lumps of ice now where i live, i love it so no complaints frm me lol x