PDA

View Full Version : games

rob64
02-02-09, 15:42
i have found that if i have those panicy feelings coming along with the dark thoughts playing a game seems to help. takes my mind off it. and that seems to take the edge of it.:)

Nechtan
02-02-09, 23:18
What kind of games- video games? I think any distraction does help. The worst thing is sitting with nothing occupying your mind as you cannot help dwelling on things.

All the best

Nechtan

Dominic1975
02-02-09, 23:21
Games really help me as well... they help me chanel my thoughts into something, rather than my symptoms....

I am, at the moment edicted to the card games on my mobile phone

ive also used these on plane journeys and this stops me panicking on the journey

mick_uk
03-02-09, 10:31
Anything that distracts you is good i guess.
I find it hard to do crosswords etc when I feel anxious, but games or anything fun that takes your mind off what's going on is good

mick

stm93
03-02-09, 13:47
video games and drawing eliminate panic for me completely. but when I finish playing or drawing, panic returns.

Anxious_gal
03-02-09, 16:50
I make up stories in my head. it's like escaping to someplace else and then i write the story's down.
also guided visualization helps too.
when i was small my mother would talk about the beach while i was falling asleep. I used to love that pretending i was falling asleep on the sand listening to the ocean

greguk
03-02-09, 17:06
I felt realy rough last year and started to play an oline game I had enjoyed a few years ago. It really helped for the odd hour or so to really switch off.

Deryn Glas
04-02-09, 22:04
I play a lot of xboxb 360 when Im anxious. It really does help. I also find singing helps.