PDA

View Full Version : bhafc

bhafc
02-02-09, 18:35
Hi - I've been suffering from PSTD, Anxiety, and some elements of agrophobia since a serious RTA 4 years ago. Initially I managed to go work but since September 08 I have been off sick due to a change of circumstances at workplace which triggered massive panic attacks. I have seen a counsellor at work and been referred for self help CBT (NHS)- this has not been that useful as the computer programme that forms part of this therapy is not available in my Borough. Great! not.......
Now on waiting list for face to face CBT which is currently 6 months.............I'm now facing unemployment as my place of work said they could not keep my post open any longer - and felt forced into a mutual decision of dismissal thru ill health with a lump sum payment. (currently on 3 months notice to April 09) but now wondering if I've done the right thing after a chat with the job centre+ re claiming incapacity benefit. I can appeal at my place of work but dont know how I will fare? Have I been very naive here? Any advice gratefully received.

sunshine-lady
02-02-09, 23:03
Hi and:welcome: to NMP, pleased you found us. I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice, information and support.Please remeber you are never feel alone.

chat is fun too and a great place to make new friends:biggrin:

weeble40
03-02-09, 09:16
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

reallyfedup
03-02-09, 09:56
I would contact citizens advice bureau for advice . Good luck x