PDA

View Full Version : 'Gurgly' breathing ...... what is it?

bassplayer
02-02-09, 22:38
I've searched and searched on the forums and info for a description of what I experience and I can't find anything.
I've found mentions of shortness of breath and a tight chest etc but nothing sounding like what I feel.
It's so hard to describe but I get a sorta gurgling feeling when I breath in and out as if there's water in my lungs and my breath is passing through it, it's annoying and disturbing, does anyone else have this or know what it is?

Dominic1975
02-02-09, 22:53
Yes I sometime get this... I think it connected to anxiety

I sometime thing, I must be getting a chest infection, but it just normally passes.... I dont know what it is... But if its what I have, it nothing to worry about

lauren6
03-02-09, 00:52
The only time I get this is when I have congestion and there is some phlegm which makes a rattling sound if you listen with a stethoscope. If it concerns you, have a dr. just listen to your lungs, perhaps do a chest x-ray to ease your mind.

Trixie
03-02-09, 07:46
I've searched and searched on the forums and info for a description of what I experience and I can't find anything.
I've found mentions of shortness of breath and a tight chest etc but nothing sounding like what I feel.
It's so hard to describe but I get a sorta gurgling feeling when I breath in and out as if there's water in my lungs and my breath is passing through it, it's annoying and disturbing, does anyone else have this or know what it is?

It sounds like mucus rattling. Do you smoke? Do you cough up phlegm?

Perhaps you have a chest infection and need the doctor to listen to it.