PDA

View Full Version : meds and life

bab
02-02-09, 23:13
Does anyone else feel that their medication has ruined their life? I do. Im sorry if this a bad post but I feel that I coped ok with slight panic attacks 12 yrs ago but begged docs for these magic pills since then whenever im not on them i go absoutely nuts - dont get me wrong it sounds like i take them willy nilly - im very strict about teking my pills every day at the same time, but i feel like im not the same person i was before i went on meds and this is it from now on. Whenever i come off them and ive tried about 4 times and have weaned properly off - im then ok for about 6 months and then i spiral downwards till i go nuts and need to go back on them again - i find it very scary

Goodlife
03-02-09, 17:04
Hiya

Smiley?
03-02-09, 17:32
You're not alone. I wonder what they are doing to me too! Hence my decision yesterday to come off them. I find the medication scary too and wonder how much they are actually benefitting me. I don't want to be dependent on them.

At the risk of sounding shrink-like... Is there something triggering your relapses that you could work to change.

bluegirl09
03-02-09, 20:50
I feel sorry for you if your meds havent helped you - mine have helped me a lot they got me feeling more like me and less anxious and more able too cope and happier with my life though i do believe there isnt a mgic pill out there and itry and take regular exercise lots of fresh air and social contact when i can x

bab
03-02-09, 21:49
Thanks so much for your replies

the meds have helped me cure what they have done to me if that makes sense.